Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Character Spotlight: Selphie Tilmitt

Default Character Spotlight: Selphie Tilmitt

I have had hard time to admit it but after Laguna, Selphie is my favorite character in the game. I donīt know why, I guess her superpositivity and her nunchakus ( this makes her token ninja) is what appeals to me.

What I donīt like about her is that she ends up with Irvine. I think she is better with Zell or maybe even with Squall but Irvine no. He just seems that he dumps her very soon. Also Selphie is notable since she is in Kingdom Hearts series and tutorial in Dissidia.

What do you think about her?

Well, both Squall and Zell are spoken for. I think Irvine's perfect for her. After all he's not the ladies man he wants everyone to think he is.
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I agree about Zell. The pigtailed girl isn't even good enough for a name xD

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppable Pig View Post
    I have had hard time to admit it but after Laguna, Selphie is my favorite character in the game. I donīt know why, I guess her superpositivity and her nunchakus ( this makes her token ninja) is what appeals to me.

What I donīt like about her is that she ends up with Irvine. I think she is better with Zell or maybe even with Squall but Irvine no. He just seems that he dumps her very soon. Also Selphie is notable since she is in Kingdom Hearts series and tutorial in Dissidia.

I like Selphie because she doesn't try to act all tough and bossy like Rinoa and she doesn't complete Squall's sentences like Quistis. She appears to be a happy person and a hyperactive person but she's not a one-note character her reaction to the Garden Bombing in the mountains proves that. If Final Fantasy VIII was more like Dragon Quest V in the sense that you get to chose your own virtual girlfriend I'd chose Selphie everytime.

Selphie is also one of my favorite characters mainly because of her Hyperactive personality and that she keeps her high spirit even in hard times . I personally think Irvine and Selphie make a perfect couple , Though I really like the Squall+Selphie .

Selphie is certainly one of my favorite characters. Probably my #2 as well.

Its cool how Selphies constantly up and happy most of the time. Tbh, its been a while since ive played it, so i can't remember much about her. But she was cool from what I remember

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Selphie is the best character in the game.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everything about her just screams: "Do me!".

I like that.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Selphie was one of the few perky characters of the Final Fantasy series that I learned to appreciate.

Final Fantasy VIII manages to make use of its small playable character cast to put every character in a position of leadership at some point. Selphie takes charge on the mission to stop missiles from hitting Balamb Garden and, as the player, this forces you to feel a bit of camaraderie with her. We see her in various emotional states throughout the game besides being happy and positive all the time. This helps lend credibility to her character as someone who is a positive thinker yet realistic in light of the circumstances around her.

I think that if Final Fantasy VII had done this with characters besides Cloud, Tifa, and Cid, then other members of the cast would have been received slightly better: Cait Sith, Yuffie, and Vincent come to mind.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I love Selphie and shes one of my best characters in the game
    And I agree, she should totally be with Zell.
    Zell really needs someone who's optimistic and cheerful to calm him down every now and then when he gets anger issues

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I, like Selphie, adore Sir Laguna.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppable Pig View Post

she acts like a weak lil girl till he limit kicks up and were all safe again whoohooo.

[offtopic] "unstoppable pig", thats a great name.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I must admit, I rarely use Selphie in battle and have never really been a huge fan of her. Of the female characters, I'd probably say that I like Edea and Quistis more. I found her a little annoying initially but that subsided a little as the game went on, but not enough for me to genuinely like her a lot.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I always like Selphie more than Rinoa. IMO Rinoa is better for Squall and Selphie and Irvine are good together. I also like Irvine better than Squall. Squall is just too serious all the time.