Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: star trek (mark spoilers)

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

Default star trek (mark spoilers)

i just got back from watching this film so lets discuss how cool it was.

the cast was simply amazing and chris rine made an exelent jamses t kirk.

the whole romulan conflict was so planned out that i was wide eyed on the screen thw whole time. filled with tons of comedy relief from the beloved charecters. (SPOILER)and even leonard nimoy returned as spock, to relay vital information to his past self.

i give this movie a 9.5/10 cause there could have been more to opening scene other than that i loved it.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Completely smurfing awesome, in my opinion.

A fantastic revival of a once-great story, and a superb opportunity for compelling new stories in future. Excellent performances, good pacing, creative directing, emotional depth - this film's got it all.

Rebooting Trek was a risky venture, and had the potential to south in a big way, but I believe it's been nailed perfectly. It's great that we now have the potential for new stories and new surprises - (SPOILER)Spock/Uhura, anyone? - within the already-familiar universe and characters.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nice I gotta see this soon.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I've never seen a Star Trek movie (or the tv series for that matter) in my life and i was blown away by the film's awesomeness!

Cant wait for the sequel!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was genius and awesome and everyone should see it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This movie kicked ass. Perfect revamp of Star Trek. It will probably be my favorite movie of the year, unless something else knocks my socks off.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The plot was crazy ridiculous. I mean just, like completely silly. But still, I thought the film was pretty good.

The action was great, and I thought all the characters were really endearing. I think there was particularly something special with the actor who played Kirk. I think he's a relative newcomer? I've never seen or heard of him before, but man, he just was oozing charisma. He was fantastic to watch. And it was a ton funnier than I had anticipated too.

I've never seen a single episode of Star Trek but I still really enjoyed the movie. I think it was crazy ambitious of Abrams to try and show us how each character crossed paths with Kirk and how everyone eventually made their way onto the enterprise. That meant that there was going to be no existing relationships at the start of the film, and every connection, relationship, backstory, etc, had to somehow be introduced in a way that made sense and was also entertaining. And I think (aside from a few minor nitpicks) Abrams actually succeeded. So huge props to him for that.

But the whole plot with the, "grrr!! I kill everybody! I kill you and you and YOU And this planet and that planet!" and the guy who was supposed to be the villain was just so laughable. Especially in the intro (which was kinda heartbreaking btw) when Eric Bana just lunges at that one guy. Was that supposed to be badass? Cause it just came across as funny to me. And every time he was all, SPOOOCK! *shakes fist* it was soo campy.

But maybe that was the point. I was thoroughly amused.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I think it was supposed to be somewhat campy. The Romulans are supposed to be all grrr like that I think.

(SPOILER)neros all pissed cuz spock(nimoy) had a chance to save romulus but didn't and nero sees this as an ultimate betrayal and as we see he gets pretty damn pissy

Someone needs to learn what a spoiler tag is. ~Shlup

it was a response to miriel and del.....
    Last edited by Namelessfengir; 05-14-2009 at 05:31 AM.
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I jizzed in my pants, fo' sho'.

I used to watch The Next Generation with my grandma when I was a kid, but never watched the original series ever.

That said, I loved this movie. I had a total half-chub through the whole thing. Tons of sexy manness running around my screen. I enjoyed the plot, and the campy throw-backs. Casting was perfect from my non-Treker perspective. Loved the amount and quality of the lulz.

One thing I noticed was that this movie never stops... going. There's like maybe five minutes of calm in the whole damn thing, and the rest of the time people are running or yelling or turning their head really quickly or gasping or... stuff. Edge of my seat much? I guess so. It would have been nice to chill and have more exposi<b></b>tion, but it was also nice the way it was. Balances out.

And the way they worked it so that the series is cannon and the movies can be canon was brilliant. Brilliant, dammit!

I can't decide which performance I liked best. I really can't. Bones maybe? I was surprised at feeling Spock-fangirlery coming on. An unexpected twist!

This was my first Star Trek or War that I've ever seen.

I was watching it and I think I understood what was going on but I wouldn't be surprised if I got it all wrong.

Blog Entries

I very much enjoyed it, and have not seen any previous star trek besides the many television parodies.

(SPOILER)I found the begining where the kid was wearing something that looked suspiciously like martin mcfly's jacket and was just about to hit 88 miles per hour driving into a gorge to be very humourous.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Movie was freaking awesome. I've seen it twice already and will likely see it again before it leaves theaters.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Yeah I think it was supposed to be somewhat campy. The Romulans are supposed to be all grrr like that I think.
    This is correct. Nero was exactly as Romulans are supposed to be.

Banned

I thought it was good (loud noises, lazzers, etc) but there were some parts I wish I could have cut out completely, mostly the emotional ones that had people going b'awwww