Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Legend of the Seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I'm going to have to agree that the season finale was... disappointing.

(SPOILER)They kept talking about Richard wielding the power or Orden and sending Rahl's own armies against him and stuff, but Rahl kills him-freaking-self! And the end was soooo cheesy. There was nothing epic in the entire episode, and no Richard/Kahlan funtime at all. Thumbs down.
    I'd have to agree.
    (SPOILER)The episode itself was interesting, but seen as a season finale it was a little disappointing. I kept thinking that there was gonna be another episode where they set out to kill Rahl. There's no way they'll have enough time to create something epic enough after having spend so much time on the "stuck in the future" storyline. Granted, that storyline was interesting, but then they should have made the last episode a two-parter, so that epic-ness could happen in the second one, thus making the killing of Rahl more satisfying..

Anyway, I still like the show, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's gonna happen in the second season.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I found the finale anti-climatic. Also, annoyed by the fact that they will probably use the Kahlan and Richard sexual tension for like the next umpteenth seasons. :/

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Apparently, it looks like there will be a season 2 and filming will begin sometime this summer.

FYI, since I just noticed some discussion about this: the entire season basically encompassed the first book of the series (Wizard's First Rule), and they have a similar overarching plot: Richard stopping Darken Rahl from using the Boxes of Orden. Beyond that, the two are very different (almost none of those hour-long sideplots that was the majority of the season occurred in the book, though there are some similarities with a couple).

It'll be interesting to see where they go in the 2nd season, since the end of the first book set up the rest of the series, and the TV show pretty much abandoned all of those elements.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)Did Rahl die at the end of the first book?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

(SPOILER)Yes. Though not in the same way, because, thankfully, the Boxes don't work like that. The puzzle-Boxes method is pretty retarded. So is shoving a sword into them magically creating green fire.

You say retarded, the producers say simplified for the average Xena fan.