Thread: the double helix of edge

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

Default the double helix of edge

Double Helix

Okay now to begin, Edge, originally your ninjutsu was good, but then it flopped, as lvl 61, you flame atk only did damage in the 400 raNGE, ALL your good for is throwinf crap at the enemy and hitting on Rydia (dispite her older appearence) shes still way younger then you you friggen pervert, its a good thing porom wasn't around. damn dude. c'mon............. now lets talk about your outfit, WAY TO SHINY FOR A NINJA. your ribbon neck thing sticks out way to far, and isn't white hair reserved for the bad guys. ok now with your weaponry. yknow what no complaints besides one, learn to mug, it would halp out so much is your steal comand actualy did something besides waist a turn. and the darkknights of ff3 worshipped you falty ninjas.

Egde your a trivial assassin impersonater

Isn't he 30 though? Doesn't seem that bad. Plus, part of his chest is pretty visible with his outfit since his cape doesn't cover it fully, so I don't have too much of a problem with his character design.
    But yeah, it doesn't look like a real ninja should. And his Ninjutsu sucked. Nothing out-does his DPS with Throwing though.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Cecil, FuSoYa and Tellah all have white hair.
    :albatoss:

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Cecil, FuSoYa and Tellah all have white hair.
    :albatoss:
    Yes, and they're all ugly. Besides, Edge's hair seems to be more like a dark grey.

I think After Years made Rydia to be her real age again but in IV she really ages in Land of Summons. So yeah there is nothing wrong with Edge hitting on Rydia. I think Edge was cool, even though he sometimes was brash he also was honor code honoring ninja. And those types ninjas are coolest of them all.

Blitz was great Ninjutsu and 2 katanas were also good damage dealers. Steal sucks and so does most of Ninjutsu ( or is it Ninjitsu?).

cecil has white hair cus hes a paladin and the other two are old timers

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    cecil has white hair cus hes a paladin and the other two are old timers
    Well, I don't see how being a Paladin means you have to have white hair.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I guess you don't know much about paladins.

More relevantly, they most likely made his hair white in order to make the difference between Dark Knight and Paladin sprites as striking as possible.
    Last edited by VeloZer0; 05-21-2009 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    No need to get snide here. A Paladin is generally a Holy Knight or any variation of, which generally means a Knight that has White Magic [at least in Final Fantasy's case]. I don't really see what hair colour has to do with it. If you look at Beatrix for example, she has light brown hair.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    More relevantly, they most likely made his hair white in order to make the difference between Dark Knight and Paladin sprites as striking as possible.
    Okay, well you can't even see his hair as a Dark Knight in-game since he always has his helmet on to begin with. One thing you learn in some art classes and novelty analysis is that sometimes doing mega-extreme changes aren't always necessary to get the point across. I'm not saying this is the case here, but I'm just throwing it out there. I don't think that white hair was absolutely necessary, but that's just my opinion. It's Amano's design which has already been created, so there's no need to have a heart attack over it. I say the same kinds of things about Sephiroth as well [not a fan of guys with woman-hair] but what's done is done.

we all should know by now that the ff designers haave bad habbits of doing odd things to charecters.

- blk mages haveing black orbs for heads
    -cecil having white hair.
    -to many cids, biggs, and wedges

the list goes on.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Yes, the white hair wouldn't be a necessity, but given the size of the original sprite having dark hair would have made the sprite as a whole considerably darker, especially when viewed from behind. (as most people will have Cecil as the party leader for most, if not all, the game)

-to many cids, biggs, and wedges
    I love this tradition, especially the biggs and wedge selling the farm part.

A joke, nothing more

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I suppose in Edge's defence, he didn't know Rydia when she was a little girl like we and the rest of the party do and so she has aged physically when he meets her.

As for the shiny outfit - why, I like to think that the shininess aids agility and manoeuvrability.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.