Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Boss

Default Problem with Boss

i just started playing FF IX and i can seem to beat the boss in the Ice Cavern. I know is in the beginning of the game but i just started playing. I would like to know what level i should be at for Zidane and what items i will need. i if you could a good strategy for beating it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It's been a good while since I've played, but I think level 7 sounds like it should be right. the thing to do for this is to take down the Waltz first and steal from the ice lion until you get a mythril dagger. You're trance meter should trigger during the begginning of the battle and you should have Tidal Wave if you got Mage Masher in the begginning. Use tidal wave to kill Waltz and hit Ice lion with everything you have. You would have to heal with a potion a couple of times though.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I've never had a problem with the Waltz and Ice Lion. I usually just steal the Waltz's two items (Silk Shirt and Remedy), and then kill him off—if you kill the Ice Lion first, the Waltz will just resummon it—then steal from the Ice Lion (Mythril Dagger and Ether) and kill it off. Heal with potions and hi-potions when necessary.

thanks i beat the waltz and beat waltz 2 and 3. the next two were a lot easier.

Articles

That was quick!

yah the game isint that hard im only having a problem going to bermucia. the enemies in side the cave between the mountain are hard. im like level 13 i dont see the problom

Wow, I can't even remember anything about the boss to be honest. I guess I'll have to play the game again. The last time I did this, I barely managed to get Excalibur II, but then stopped afterwards.

i beat that too so not prob

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

keep your health up and just atk till you inter trance, then KILL the black waltz. the seal goes pretty quik after that.

ok ive beat the black waltz 1, 2, and 3 already, and im on the 2nd disc. im having a problem with the first boss on that disc. its the creature you fight when your playing as steiner, dagger, and marcus. please help.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fantasy IX Boss FAQ by Blackestmage on GameFAQs
    Boss: Ralvurahva
    HP: 2296
    MP: 3649
    Level: 13
    AP: None.
    Steal: Mythril Fork, Bone wrist.
    Difficulty: Easy
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Relatively easy battle, Ralvurahva will use String, which basically slows one
    target and deal a bonus damage of around 120 points. He will also use Devil’s
    Kiss, which poisons one target. He can use Blizzara as well, though I’ve
    never seen him do it. In last, he will use physical offenses for around 100
    points. Have Marcus steal the boss for the Mythril Fork and the Bone wrist,
    and then just have him use normal physical attacks. Steiner should be
    normally attacking, or you could try some of his sword art skills if you’d
    like. As for Dagger, well, like always, she’s good at supporting the party so
    make full use of her white magics such as Cure, Protect, Panacea(to cure the
    poison from Devil’s Kiss, if you don’t have Antibody equipped that is), and
    so on. Once you depleted the boss’s HP, he will escape(so original).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

are you sure he's talking about that? you also fight Waltz again with those three.

Articles

Technically Black Waltz 3 is the first boss on the second disc, but since KHHacker says he's beaten the Black Waltzes I'm assuming he knows what they look like and wouldn't refer to one as "the creature". Either way, if it is indeed the 3rd Waltz you're having problems with, just have your characters physically attack and have Dagger heal when needed.

Another source says Ralvurahva will escape after attacking you a few times, so you're better off just stealing and healing. I don't know if that's true.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

First step when facing any boss: steal everything they have.

Then go on to kill in whatever way you like.

Bosses often have expensive and/or useful items that you can't get till a fair bit later in the game, so it's always a good idea to get as much as possible.

thx a lot, i beat him and others, but i have a question. i faught beatrix for the seconed time and i was wondering do you ever actually defeat her for good.