View Poll Results: What breaks?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • My controllers have broken.

9 50.00%
  • My systems have broken.

7 38.89%
  • My memory cards/Save Batteries have broken.

4 22.22%
  • My game discs/cartridges have broken.

9 50.00%
  • My silly peripheral specific to a certain game has broken.

1 5.56%
  • Nothing breaks!

6 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh my god! My game!!

Blog Entries

Unhappy Oh my god! My game!!

How often have devices required to play video games broken on you?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Many years ago, we had some power surges here that fried my SNES AC adapter. The SNES still works fine, but I haven't gotten a replacement adapter for it (I did borrow my friend's for a while, though). Kind of a shame, but I dunno, I can play the games that I'd want to on a Wii.

My old old Dual Shock controller busted randomly at some point while just sitting unused. I don't really know what happened to it, though it didn't really matter that much.

I have never had a broken video game or system. I'm pretty sure my game boy is still in working order.

Blog Entries

Never had anything break on me.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

My controllers fall of my dresser too much and break. My old PSOne memery cards are getting iffy so I'm afraid to use them anymore.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

My brother broke the joystick for the old Atari ST when we were kids. Besides that, I think I’ve been able to keep everything pretty much intact.

Never breaks on me, I keep good care of stuff.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Had a couple of game discs break on me back in the day. Not so much now that I keep them in their cases at all times. Went through two PS2's and a 360 (which Microsoft refuses to replace). Its pretty terrible that systems these days break when my Megadrive from 1991 still works fine.

Never understood how someone could get so angry with a game that they go ahead and break their controller. I often get annoyed when playing games but throwing a controller across the room is so obviously stupid I dunno how anyone with any sense could do it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

PS1 broke, two PS2 controllers broke, Xbox 360 headsets broke, Xbox 360 controller broke, PS1 memory card broke, GBA games broke, PC game CD scratched. Most were just faulty, really - the only physical break I've had were the Xbox 360 headsets, because they're cheap pieces of crap.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I mostly just lose crap, but let's see.

My Super Nintendo power cable had to lie in certain positions to work. The left directional button on the snes stopped working, probably from pressing it too hard. The stick on my N64 controller got broken, it would steer you right no matter what you did. Playstation 2 stopped playing playstation 2 discs after 6 or so years. The only game I've scratched to death is Tekken 2.

My PS2 purrs too loudly.

nope nothng, it's all about taking care of your stuff and not acting like everything is disposabe... i have a few strategy guides messed up pretty bad by a flood but that wasn't something i could control, though in hindsight i should have stored them on a higher shelf...

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

My PSX cable is pretty borked, like Lev's Super Nintendo cable it has to lie in certain positions to work. It will randomly start flickering up the picture and you have to get up and find a new position it can lie.

I've been through several PSOnes and PS2s, but mostly it's games that stop working.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, I forgot that my PS1 could barely read discs anymore due to the crappy lasers Sony put in them. I had to resort to the old "put it up on its side" trick for its remaining years, before I got my PS2.