Thread: Anticlimax much? SPOILERS

Default Anticlimax much? SPOILERS

Due to the programming nature of the Galuf-Exdeath fight, it was inevitable that some glitches would arise, but... damn...

First, if you have him with rapid fire and the blood sword he dies... with full HP. Yeah.

Second... okay, just use Self-Destruct. It's... wow.

Do you think this was intentional or an oversight? Should they have tested this scene more carefully to prevent this kind of thing?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I should imagine it's just an oversight that the programmers didn't think to prevent you from doing.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

You think they'd have caught that in the GBA version or something... I mean, if you have Galuf down to 0 HP and use self-destruct, ExDeath gets beat with literally no damage done to him. That's an intimidating antagonist, right there.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Is it really detrimental to the fight to have Galuf defeat Exdeath? Does the variant of Exdeath that Galuf fight offer any rewards like experience points or ability points to Galuf to transfer over to Cara?

I was not aware about either of the glitches that you mentioned. I think that ending the battle with Self-Destruct sounds like a fitting end providing that the dialogue between Galuf and Exdeath still takes place. Is there a video of this glitch somewhere?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

No, but you miss out on all the in-battle dialogue because the battle ends immediately, and ExDeath is shown to have been defeated after the battle screen is exited after sustaining no damage.

EDIT: Sorry, it deals one point of damage if you wait until Galuf is at 0 HP