Thread: Orlandu...

Default Orlandu...

Has anyone ever seen him get KO'd? Not countind Rendezvous/Melee...

I did when I was just fooling around and I used Shadowblade (Night Sword, since this was on PS1) on an Undead... and the battle was almost over anyway... just wanted to see if actually KO rather than go critical...

Though I have never seen him crystallize.... if that happens, I'd reset. Though it's hard enough to get him KO'd in a serious battle.
    Aurora, exhale bloody air! Dark Holy!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

No. Considering he can replenish HP and MP with just his primary skillset, it'd be hard for him to die unless you were trying to kill him.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I've had him die plenty of times in one-shot situations. That being said, I tend to play fairly aggressively, sacrificing characters if it lets me end the battle a turn or two quicker.

Well, he is Thunder God Cid. He is one of the more powerful obtainable characters. I haven't had him die in basic regards. Just too hard... Though 1 time I did have to kill him. He got confused... and...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think he died in a battle with one of the Knights Templar... I needed bait, thought he had enough HP to take it all in, but he got destoryed... Luckilly, Balthier saved the day... Yeah, those two are SERIOUSLY broken...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I've had the three headed dragons take him out once, he just couldn't soak all the damage. Though my favorite time I ever saw him get taken out was when Ramza got charmed and proceeded to destroy my party.

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

I've had him fall once in a blue moon, mostly due to unblockable brute strength (Tiamat-type abilities) or instadeath abilities. Against humans and normal monsters, though, Cid'll bring the pain without much trouble -- even if he only had Night Sword, that'd still be sufficient to get through 99% of the opposition.

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

No, Cid, or Orlandu as you call him, jk by the way, is amazing and the greatest reward for getting as far as you do in FFT. This is one of the greatest FF ever, and it should be realized. Wake up IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X fans!!! This game is definitely in the same league and it's the best Cid in any FF.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II