Thread: Zeromus help (spoliers)

Default Zeromus help (spoliers)

Geez. So I went to beat Zeromus thinking I'd be fine (I'm at level 70 for all my characters) and he totally kicked me ass after I threw the crystal!! So I have rosa on standby cure and I have kain jump and cecil attack with rydia on standby items and edge throwing and attacking. The problem is that he uses big bang like twice in a row and mostly all my party members die after the first hit. WTF? I can' surivive that, even with shell and defend. Even if I revive rosa for curaja its still pointless because he'll do it again a second later. what should I do??

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you are playing the PSX version, you need Edge to steal the Dark Matter item off of him as this will make Big Bang fluctuate in damage. This might go for the DS version as well though in my experience, Zeromus doesn't use Big Bang often, preferring Meteor instead. In the GBA version, he shouldn't give you problems cause he's a total wuss and the SNES version, Big Bang fluctuates in damage normally so you shouldn't have problems as long as you get the Ultimate equipment.

Cecil should fight, Kain should jump, Edge should be throwing any high level items he can at Zeromus, Rosa should be on constant healing duty, and Rydia should be either casting Meteor and Bahamut or using Asura.

That is my strategy at least. You might need to level up a bit more or just make sure you grabbed all the treasure items in the Lunar Core.

I am playing the DS version. And I have never tried to steal dark matter, so I will do so next time I try. Thanks!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Be careful if you decide to steal the Dark Matter- sometimes, it will actually increase Big Bang's damage instead of decreasing it. For the time it takes to steal it, it's not really worth it in my opinion.

Rosa should constantly be healing, for sure. It someone falls, have someone else use a Phoenix Down to revive them instead of using one of Rosa's turns. Spider's Silk/Slow should work on Zeromus- if I recall, Big Bang will only dispel the status effects on the party- so that should help slow him down a little. I think he counters Rydia's summons with Flare, or at least, that's what he does for normal attack magic, so you might want to give her a supporting role with Asura or Sylph instead. If you're at level 70 with the best armors, he shouldn't be too difficult as long as you constantly keep the party refreshed.

Edit: I see you're playing the DS version. Well, please ignore my advice then.