Thread: Final Fantasy XIV Online

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ooooh, it's a MMO? If it comes out for PC I might take a look. FFXI is awesomely addicting.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The trailer looked excellent... then I saw that it was online.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I might give this a try when it gets closer to the actual release.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Looks coolio. I'll wait for more info, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I was supposed to be the first one to make this damn! You got the thread title and the first post looking all smurfed up too!

Wow I thought it was going to be a couple of years before we heard about XIV, but i lost interest like many of you as soon as I saw the online part. It's another XI which like this isn't a real Final Fantasy.

I'll be damned if I'm going to pay monthly fees for a game that I can pay $60 or less for and can have just as much fun. If Square told them exclusive then they're liars. They told them the same about XIII, y'all don't think they'll do it again?

And when that happens I'm switching RPG franchises like I said a while ago.

Zero interest in this. Forking over a monthly fee in addition to the cost of the original software is just retarded to me, and I just don't like that SE is giving MMOs numbered titles in the FF series. I love FF for the stories - MMOs don't have complete stories, they have an ongoing, never-ending mess of "Well, what can we add next?" MMOs are the epitome of "How much money can we squeeze out of this one?" and I am not at all interested in a story that never ends purely for the purpose of making maximum $$ off of it.
    My thoughts exactly good chum.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Disappointed with how this new MMORPG looks exactly like FFXI. If Square was gonna do a new online game, I would have preferred that they went a whole different route, especially in terms of aesthetics. I'm honestly SO sick of the FFXI aesthetics, it's just so unappealing to me these days. It's bizarre to me that they would introduce a new MMORPG that is so similar to FFXI while FFXI is still alive and kicking. Is Square expecting everyone to switch over to the new online game and let the old one die out? I'm not sure what their thinking here might be. They can't possibly imagine that those invested in FFXI would be willing to play two online games at the same time. And if it was gonna be so similar, why not just utilize expansions rather than do a whole new game? Really strange.

I'm not interested in anymore mithras and humes and all that. Yawn. If they went with something completely different I'd probably be a lot more interested. I like online games, I'm just burned out from FFXI, and a FFXI 2.0 isn't appealing at all.

I have no idea what will happen. The reason I was excited at first, was because the tech demo from 2005 showed so much promise, and I loved the whole art nouveau style. I hope they keep with that design.

It also looks as if the art director is the same director from Final Fantasy XII and Vagrant Story, which could really show a lot of promise that hasn't been realised in the teaser. It is also quite awesome that Uematsu has been hired to do the soundtrack.

I am still a little anxious to see if Square release any more information tomorrow, and I hope they bring something different to just reinvisioning the races from Final Fantasy XI. I guess what got me disappointed is that Square has previously stated it wasn't a Final Fantasy title, and that it wasn't to replace Final Fantasy XI - that is my mine gripe, other than that it looks nice.

FINAL FANTASY XIV

You can see some very nice concept art, download a true HD version of the trailer, and you can also find out that this is PS3 and Windows based. So it's not PS3 exclusive as it will be on the PC, but it will be exclusive in the console market (Xbox Live has a lot of difficulties with MMORPG's).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lord, I've barely put time into XI as it is now a new FFMMO and they didn't really learn their lesson from last time...

Well, as someone who has learned the hard way that I'm not cut out for MMO's I may have to pass on this one. I guess when I was joking about looking forward to FFXV, fate decided to put a fast one on me...

If there are any monthly subscription fees (which I don't see why there wouldn't be) I'll more than likely pass. :/ Need more info though.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Personally subscription fees are a plus for me when it comes to a MMO. It means that the developers have a constant source of income and are able to constantly improve the product. That being said I'm not really interested in any MMO at the moment.

Anyone else wish the would call it like Final Fantasy: Online instead of listing it as one of the numbered ones? Its not like having spin-offs is a new concept to S-E. At least being released right after FF13 means that it won't take a spot in the FF development que.

Aww, I was just about to start FFXI. :]

This'll be fun for me then! In a year.

Just started playing FFXI a month ago, so I'm not really excited. That plus the fact that I'll not be playing any XI during the school year and my lack of PS3/computer that can likely run this and I won't be getting it any time soon.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

This is also for PC... I like online games, I just hate subscription fees... so we shall see

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Since I only barely got into FFXI, I would be willing to try FFXIV. At least a trial run and see.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The PS3 exclusiveness is total buttholery. I have a Wii and two 360s but no PS3, and I never ever want one. BUTTHOLERY.