Thread: Final Fantasy XIV Online

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    The PS3 exclusiveness is total buttholery. I have a Wii and two 360s but no PS3, and I never ever want one. BUTTHOLERY.
    With all the trouble that the Nintendo Wii has even playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl online, an MMORPG is completely out of the question.

As Omecle already mentioned, Xbox Live, while fantastic for multiplayer in most games, for whatever reason, does not respond well to MMORPGs. For example, it is almost impossible to participate in Besieged (an event in FFXI) if you're playing on the Xbox 360 as you will inevitably be disconnected at the end of the event (when you would receive your reward for participating). This is unacceptable, especially since this is something that the PS2 version is able to handle.

I'm still undecided regarding this game, and I'm going to postpone major judgment until the press conference tomorrow. I'm certainly excited, although I am shocked that it does seem so closely related to FFXI after they ensured us that it would be completely unrelated. I'm going to sit on other comments until after tomorrow, though.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

If you hate PS3 so much, you can also *gasp* get it for the PC!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    The PS3 exclusiveness is total buttholery. I have a Wii and two 360s but no PS3, and I never ever want one. BUTTHOLERY.
    Stiff , tbh.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

All I could say when I found out was "Say whaaaat!?".

For some reason I didn't expect Final Fantasy XIV to be an MMORPG, and I totally didn't expect Square to announce it this year! - I guess I was wrong.

It'll be interesting to learn more about this upcoming game. Never played Final Fantasy XI (or WoW for that matter), so maybe this'll be my first MMORPG.

I wish they would fix FFXI's problems instead of moving on to a new FFMMO, I mean I had to stop playing because somehow my account got smurfed up and they didnt know what to do other than to tell me to make a new one...

So..
    Fix FFXI?
    Make XIV a normal FF
    or
    combine them?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

No, they're gonna make FFXIV an MMO.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Some info on FFXIV, pardon if any of this has been posted before

Square Enix Unveils Newest Addition to the FINAL FANTASY Series, FINAL FANTASY XIV!

MMORPG Scheduled for Simultaneous Global Release on the PLAYSTATION 3 and Windows

LOS ANGELES, June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), announced that FINAL FANTASY XIV, an all new massively-multiplayer role-playing game (MMORPG), is planned for simultaneous global release with language support in Japanese, English, French and German.

Adventure begins anew in the vast realm of Eorzea!

More information on FINAL FANTASY XIV can be found at FINAL FANTASY XIV.

About FINAL FANTASY XIV

Platforms: PLAYSTATION(R) 3 & Windows(R)
    *Details on required PC specifications to be announced
    at a later date
    Languages: Japanese, English, German, French (simultaneous release)
    Genre: MMORPG
    Release: 2010
    MSRP: TBD
    ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
    Copyright: (C) SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
    Sorry, no source link for the info quoted above

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Gamer/info.jpg <- Image of the Main Staff for 14, including Uematsu as Composer

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

wtfing hell, why make a final fantasy mmo thats goes into the main series, iv accepted x-2 as ff11, but another one omg this if dumb

mwarfgharglestiltskinz

Just what I need. And knowing my luck my PC will yet again be not up to snuff to play it if I wanted.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    wtfing hell, why make a final fantasy mmo thats goes into the main series, iv accepted x-2 as ff11, but another one omg this if dumb
    Guess you're gonna have to accept XIII Versus as XIV. :P

Good lord, why do people care so much about it being in the "numbered series"?
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    I dunno. I don't particularly care about it being numbered myself. I think it has something to do with most FF fans being interested mostly just in single-player RPG experiences. I'm more of a single-player player myself, but I also happen to be a relatively new fan of the Final Fantasy series, so perhaps that's why I don't care?

However, if Square Enix made an online FF set in Ivalice, I'd be all over that...

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Maybe this will become a trend, they'll start to do an MMORPG every three games in the series - expect FFXVII to be online!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

The SE Conference has started, no video allowed though. Here's a link to the blog though.

Live Blog: Square Enix E3 2009 Press Conference - G4tv.com

RDM 75, PLD 65, BST 75, MNK 75, SAM 75

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    Because FF is a single player experience and even if i could somehow afford the game, my terrible internet service would lag and drop constantly, just ruining the experience to add.