Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kind of sword would you like to see in XIV?

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Since it's an online game, a sword (or any piece of equipment, really) that increases in power with each new owner.

Side note: I would orgasm if a numbered Final Fantasy actually came out for a Nintendo platform again.

Quote Originally Posted by oddler View Post
    Since it's an online game, a sword (or any piece of equipment, really) that increases in power with each new owner.
    Awesome concept, but easily exploitable. I like the idea of items keeping something of their legacy. I used to think how interesting it was that nearly every item in the game literally had a story. If you bought a Monster Signa it could've been owned by 12 people before you, but beyond that, someone had to have killed Hoo Mjuu the Torrent for it and was probably elated, used it for a while, sold it when it lost its usefulness, etc.

Same even with crafted items. If you own a Noble's Tunic it was probably owned by a dozen people, but in the beginning it was made by someone who probably got lucky enough to be given a Shinning Cloth that dropped from Kirin. You could potentially be in possession of THE first Noble's Tunic made from THE first Shinning Cloth to ever drop on your server.

If nothing else, dropped and crafted items should have some method of checking their age. Perhaps some items could become better with age while other may become worse. An item with a great legacy may be the most powerful weapon of its species in the game and could sell for more than its counterparts bringing with it great prestige as the oldest in the game. Meanwhile, cheap, shabbily crafted gears would slowly degrade if sold between too many people too many times

Side note: I would orgasm if a numbered Final Fantasy actually came out for a Nintendo platform again.
    Sadly unlikely to happen since Nintendo is pushing (quite successfully) for the casuals crowd and will likely do so for the next several years. Meanwhile, while SE will put offshoots of the FF series on various consoles with varying art-styles for kicks, their numbered series always goes to the best hardware as they always want to push boundaries and blow people's minds.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A sword that can shoot flaming ninjas.

^thats would be the strongest thing ever, do we want to game to be to easy?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A necessary sacrifice to have flaming ninjas flying everywhere.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I'd rather Flaming Pirate Robot Redmages...

double barrel gunblade, that shoots lightning as an overdrive
    the end of the world was just the begining[leeza]Height limit is 250 pixels.[/leeza]