Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    I agree with you Sephex. Probably one of the reasons people like Kain, though, is because of his inner struggles and because he's the only one at the end of FFIV that doesn't become a king nor lives happily ever after. That's why they don't like what they did with him.
    As for me, I expected that after 16 or so years he'd gotten over Rosa, but no... and I can't say I don't like it, because it keeps the sentimental tension that added so much to the first game in place.
    Yeah, I understand that view point as well. However, that's why I also like what they did. I was like, "C'mon, man! It's been almost two decades! Get over your inner conflicts! You can do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt!"

I also became a huge dork and identified that scene with some stuff that has happened to me in real life, so that's probably another reason why I liked it.

I'm all for Kain to stop angsting and stop pining over Rosa, but yeah... Almost two decades is a bit much to get over it.

And then there's the whole part about him (SPOILER)ditching the Dragoons to become a Red Wing that made me rage the most. I've ranted so much on the subject to my friends, to my AIM contacts (even those who never played the game) and on my deviantART journal.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

WTF? I haven't gotten to that part yet. When does he do that? I only have played the first part of the game, up to the Holy Dragoon thing. I added you as a friend in LJ. Username's Spookje.

I've decided to wait until all the chapters get released so I can purchase them all at once. I feel like I can enjoy the game better that way instead of completing a few chapters and then waiting for others to get released.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    WTF? I haven't gotten to that part yet. When does he do that? I only have played the first part of the game, up to the Holy Dragoon thing. I added you as a friend in LJ. Username's Spookje.
    At the end of the game. Just remembering about it makes me want to bang my head against the nearest wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    I've decided to wait until all the chapters get released so I can purchase them all at once. I feel like I can enjoy the game better that way instead of completing a few chapters and then waiting for others to get released.
    You can get Rydia's Tales as it also released at the same time as the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonface View Post
    You can get Rydia's Tales as it also released at the same time as the main story.
    Nah, I'll just wait till ALL chapters get released

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Today the new chapter's out!
    Too bad they are so short. :-(

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well here I am barely finishing FFIVDS, I'm really slow. I think I'll also wait until all the chapters are released to play them all at once.

From what I saw of the gameplay, all the menus/animations were very smooth and fast.

Was I supposed to get Edward at the end of the first tale? Cus Wikipedia mentions him reuniting with Cid, Rosa, the Hooded Man, and Ceodore when (SPOILER)Kain defeats his dark side and becomes a Holy Dragoon.. There were also five characters that appeared when they saw Cecil right before the credits, even though I had only four people in my party.

Also, found a wallpaper of The After Years on Wikipedia.

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/member...per0802_03.jpg

((Yeah Rydia, you don't look suggestive at all. XD))

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nope, because Edward has his Story later on.
    Incidentally it's pissing me off that the new chapters seem not to be available yet in Germany.

Then why are there five characters before Cecil, even though I have only four in my party?

Also, for those doing Rydia's tale: Get the Tomahawk and the Dancing Dagger at the Kokkol Forge before you go to the Overworld. The Mythril Hammer and Bow 'n Arrows are the better weapons for Rydia and Luca until you get to the mines, and then the numbers next to the "attack" stats make the Tomahawk and Dancing Dagger the better weapons for them.

Just a little bit of advice.

Also, SAVE BEFORE YOU OPEN THE LAST CHEST IN THE MINES.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I've recently downloaded all the available chapters and I have been catching up. All I have to say is...

***MINOR SPOILERS***

The Mysterious Girl battle theme is f***ing awesome.

YouTube - Final Fantasy IV: The After Years - Mysterious Girl Battle Music

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

My best friend and I just started playing the first chapter last night (yay for multiplayer!). We're HUGE FFIV dorks so we had a lot of expectations. So far . . . it's meeting all of them! It's so magical to be able to return to this same piece of my childhood all these years later and explore deeper into it!

Awesome game so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I had no idea that the game was multiplayer. That feature must have been added in during localization. Can you play it online with friends?
    Hahaha, I had no idea that the game existed. How do I always manage to miss out on my favorite things ;_;