Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

It seems like Rydia's Tale and the Main tale were the only ones that were of sufficient length to really satisfy me. The other tales have felt too short, and sometimes tedious.

hows this chapter system work? you have to pay for each one?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Hi, Beema!

Yes, you buy each chapter seperately. They are usually $3 a piece, except for the main beginning one and the main ending ones which are $8 a piece.

I was really enjoying it. My friend and I got as far as Edge's Tale, but it splinters off into four separate tales that have little to do with Edge . . . So we got bored for the night and saved and stopped. We'll pick it back up again next week.

I'm tempted to replay IV before buying this b/c even though I remember most of the story I'd prefer to be a little more reacquainted with it first :x

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
    And the best part? It's multiplayer! Up to four players!

The worst part? My birthday was over five months ago, and my mom bought me a Wii for my birthday, but lives far from me and still hasn't been up to visit to give it to me. Grrr!
    WHAT UP TO 4 MULTIPLAYER???? BAD ASS
    :vivi:
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Woah, multiplayer indeed! I wonder if I can trick a friend or two into playing this with me.

I love multiplayer FF's

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I keep forgetting to download this as I have been occupied with Twilight Princess. Maybe posting in this thread will serve as a reminder.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Woah, multiplayer indeed! I wonder if I can trick a friend or two into playing this with me.

I love multiplayer FF's
    I aswell, Friend...
    :vivi:
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

OMFG!

So, my friend that I've been playing with has been in charge of saving after every chapter, and I remember on chapter two thinking . . . hm . . . aren't we supposed to be saving in separate slot for each chapter, but didn't correct him on it, assuming he knew what he was doing . . .

We've reached the beginning of the last chapter and it turns out . . . we have to replay them ALL all over again . . . because we've just been saving in one save slot.

UGH!

The only thing I'm really wondering is how to go about the system save data. If, say, I beat the initial chapter and them Poroms tale, if I save over the system save data, will it still have me registered as beating both tales?

Edit: And I think Bastions post basically answers my question.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

NeoCracker: yes, unfortunately I learned the hard way that you must save each chapter's completed data in a separate file. I wish they'd made it a bit more clear when you complete each chapter, but ah well.

Because of this, I had to power through ALL chapters all over again. I managed it in two days. :P

Now I'm maxing out levels in each character in each chapter before importing them into the final chapter. those Challenge Dungeons are difficult! But fun!

Yangs is a breeze though. It's so easy to power level in that place. Then you can easilly have both him and Ursula one shotting everything in that place. Those two are beasts.

Rydia's is simple too once you learn Bio and know the path to take. So after one or two runs, you'll be aquiring rare items in no time.

I've completely finished Yangs chapter. Obtained all the bonus dungeon rare drops, and even got that damned Red Tail. Just need to power through Rydias dungeon a few more times to get the Adamantite, Sprint Ring, Gold Hairpin and Black Robe. To bad the last chest isnt' a guaranteed rare Item like it is in Yangs.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I finished all the chapters (save the last) and their Challenge Dungeons. However . . . I doubt I acquired all the rare drops. Ah well.

We're now fairly far into the final chapter . . . excited to see how this ends!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

*edits thread title*

this wasn't released yesterday on the wii anymore

I still haven't managed to find any friend at all to play this game with :/

Does this game only cost 800 wii points? Do you have to spend more for the extra downloaded content?