Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75

Thread: Official FFXIV News Thread

  1. #1

    Default Official FFXIV News Thread

    Sorry I haven't kept this up to date in the slightest. Life got busy. However, there is literally no need for any more than one link here any longer. I'm only sorry that I didn't honor Zyuu's request sooner.

    I check FFXIVCore.com - Final Fantasy XIV Fansite very regularly and it is without a doubt the premiere site for FFXIV news and the place that most FFXI communities go to get their info. I highly recommend that you check it out.

    Since the info is no longer at a trickle I can't really keep tabs on all of the details as nice as it would be to get a nice FAQ here. If in search of a comprehensive FAQ check out Final Fantasy XIV Core Wiki - FFXIV Fansite.

    I'd like to thank Zyuu and the staff at FFXIVCore for doing such a fantastic job keeping us apprised of emerging developments.

    Those links again:
    FFXIVCore.com - Final Fantasy XIV Fansite
    Final Fantasy XIV Core Wiki - FFXIV Fansite
    Last edited by Yeargdribble; 10-10-2009 at 04:41 AM.


  2. #2
    FFIX Choco Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Gotta Kwetch Them All
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    -more solo content

    -simultaneous worldwide release in English, Japanese, Germana and French

    -servers will be cross-region and cross-platform

    -PlayOnline will not be used

    -there may be voice acting
    Very good things.

    Not using exp though, idk... I hope it's not like #2 where you are constantly trying to get higher stats, even though it usually never happens...

  3. #3

    Default

    Someone needs to sticky this thread.


    "... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."


  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    -more solo content

    -simultaneous worldwide release in English, Japanese, Germana and French

    -servers will be cross-region and cross-platform

    -PlayOnline will not be used

    -there may be voice acting
    Very good things.

    Not using exp though, idk... I hope it's not like #2 where you are constantly trying to get higher stats, even though it usually never happens...
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Someone needs to sticky this thread.
    Yes and yes.

    And thanks for the updated info Yearg-meister.

  5. #5
    Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    17,625
    Articles
    1

    Default

    There's hardly a reason to sticky it with less than ten threads in the forum, but what the heck.
    My name is , I am God , and wine, and a pool of cancer -century Arab rantzyen

  6. #6
    I might..depend on you.. Lionx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Breezegale
    Posts
    4,220

    Default

    At least you won't lose exp anymore...

    Or will you?! Somehow i see them later on making the game lose whatever "EXP" you gained...



    Also:

    Also, just as they did with XI, they wanted to show players that they had full confidence in the game being worthy of the Final Fantasy name - a feeling that may not have been conveyed by using "FF World" or "FF Online."
    Now stfu about it >(
    Last edited by Lionx; 06-07-2009 at 12:55 PM.

    My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    Mechanics

    -there will be no XP, but the game will focus on something new
    Interesting.

  8. #8
    diafnaoplzkthnxbai NeoTifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    in psy's panties <3
    Posts
    3,411

    Default

    Wtf they aren't even done with 13 yet...
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ


  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTifa View Post
    Wtf they aren't even done with 13 yet...
    1. It is a completely different team working on FF14.
    2. They have been working on it for the last 4-5 years alongside FFXI.
    3. We knew back in 2005 they were planning this game.
    4. It's not a suprise, and it is irrelevant to FF13's development.


    "... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."


  10. #10
    Wakanda Forever Depression Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Warrior Falls
    Posts
    5,861
    Articles
    45
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    ^^
    We? I I heard of no such thing?
    and what basis gives you that that your opinion is true or everyone elses?
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 06-08-2009 at 02:33 AM.

  11. #11
    I might..depend on you.. Lionx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Breezegale
    Posts
    4,220

    Default

    It was codenamed Rapture at the time, we knew there was going to be a new MMORPG made by SE, just didnt know when it was gonna come out and what it will be called.

    My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

  12. #12
    Zachie Chan Ouch!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    7,652
    Articles
    3

    FFXIV Character

    Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    ^^
    We? I I heard of no such thing?
    and what basis gives you that that your opinion is true or everyone elses?
    I fail to see what in Omecle's post was opinion. Those were facts. A tech demo of a game codenamed Rapture was released in 2005. They announced that it was being developed with the White Engine (which has been renamed to Crystal Tools), the same engine developed for FFXIII and Versus XIII.

    The only surprise about FFXIV: Online is that it is titled such. When they initially announced Rapture, we were led to believe that while it would take place in a world established in a previous Square Enix game, we were told it wouldn't be a Final Fantasy title.

    The information Omecle quoted has been readily available for four years now. If you've not heard of it, that's only because you haven't been paying attention (mind you, that's not criticism, but it's nobody's responsibility but your own to find the information if you're interested, so pleading ignorance as part of your argument is rather weak).

  13. #13
    I might..depend on you.. Lionx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Breezegale
    Posts
    4,220

    My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

  14. #14
    Wakanda Forever Depression Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Warrior Falls
    Posts
    5,861
    Articles
    45
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    ^^
    We? I I heard of no such thing?
    and what basis gives you that that your opinion is true or everyone elses?
    I fail to see what in Omecle's post was opinion. Those were facts. A tech demo of a game codenamed Rapture was released in 2005. They announced that it was being developed with the White Engine (which has been renamed to Crystal Tools), the same engine developed for FFXIII and Versus XIII.

    The only surprise about FFXIV: Online is that it is titled such. When they initially announced Rapture, we were led to believe that while it would take place in a world established in a previous Square Enix game, we were told it wouldn't be a Final Fantasy title.

    The information Omecle quoted has been readily available for four years now. If you've not heard of it, that's only because you haven't been paying attention (mind you, that's not criticism, but it's nobody's responsibility but your own to find the information if you're interested, so pleading ignorance as part of your argument is rather weak).
    How is it so? Any noun containing an adjective in the known world is an opinion not a fact as there are conflicting judgements among everyone. For example two people just find out that some celebrity has a long lost sister named Jewel who happened to be overweight. One thinks that it was a surprise that his sister is fat while the other replies "It wasn't to me. For some reason I always pictured him with a fat sister."
    I also do not approve of the word you state unto me which was ignorance. A known negative word is immature and insensitive to the person to whom it is directed. On the other note, where he was saying about a different team for XIIII and XIV it's still being developed by Square and the other person was probably concerned about whatever separate group of the department could be having a hand in making XIII thus making the progress come more quickly.

  15. #15
    Fortune Teller Roogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lone Tree, Colorado
    Posts
    7,496
    Articles
    80
    Blog Entries
    3

    FFXIV Character

    Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTifa View Post
    Wtf they aren't even done with 13 yet...
    It is common for a developer like Square Enix to announce games in their major franchises years in advance. Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XII were announced many years before their release likely concurrent to the announcement and development of Final Fantasy X earlier in the decade.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •