Thread: FF VII on PSP

FF VII on PSP

yes, as of Friday June 5th "Final Fantasy VII" has been added to the Playstation Network for download and play on your PSP and PS3 for $9.99 ($10.79 after tax) here in the U.S., now you can legaly have a copy of FFVII on your PSP without hacking it...

I got this yesterday nad ik got to say, it is complete epic win.
    The game really seems to suit the pick up and play gaming style that the PSP offers. Moreso than the consol version i think... bold statement i know.

I already own the original, International, and PC versions. What the heck lol. hmm I wonder what happens when you go to the next disc. Anybody know of any other changes to it? Or is "This guy are sick" faithfully kept in there?

i downloaded it but haven't really had the chance to play that far into it, but you just hit the Home (or PS) button when it comes time to swap discs and there's a disc menu there with the other options... as for translation i hope they use the PC translation or at least touched it up a little for the PSP/PS3 port considering how long it took them to get it on the US store as compared to how long they've already had it on the Jp store...

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I decided to do this. I am happy. That is all.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

They could have probably gone for 14.99 and still got away with it. People would complain, but they would still buy it.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    They could have probably gone for 14.99 and still got away with it. People would complain, but they would still buy it.
    I just got it so I can play the first seven FFs portably in one form or another.

The Hardcore Gentleman Emerald weapon's Avatar

I bought it on the day it came out i was happy to find out that it is the ps1 version down to a tee including ''this guy are sick'',and the emmy n ruby weapon are still optional bosses to my relief,so aye.....good times!

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

OMG!!! FFVII on PSN!?!?!?!?

This makes me one step closer to wanting to buy a PS3...

I am unsure if I want to buy it. I have CFW on my PSP, and I have my own eBoot with custom menus I've made for FF7. If there is no difference, then I won't both.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald weapon View Post
    I bought it on the day it came out i was happy to find out that it is the ps1 version down to a tee including ''this guy are sick'',and the emmy n ruby weapon are still optional bosses to my relief,so aye.....good times!
    now people who have yet to beat them can attempt it every where at any random time lol

the emulation is good. When I put my disc in there, casting magic made a shrieking noise but the emulated version has the right sound effect. You're right there is a menu on the xmb to switch discs but I guess you can only do it when you have to. I'm not sure about the gameplay, though. I've never missed the first MP then he missed me.

Let's see, I have the original version (but it doesn't have a typo), the international version, the pc version, and now the psn release. I also have the original dvd of advent children and now the japanese version of ACC. I think I'm a fanboy lol.