Thread: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Default Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

the acting by both the Japanese and English vocalists is impressive. Often, animated films that are brought to the US are bogged down by too many stars, but this production features only a couple; a great impulse. The English language track has nary a weak link, and that is seldom the case with animated dubs.
    The safe way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket.
    ways to make money online and uk make money Bradford, England

I found AC to be a terrible milking of Final Fantasy VII, complete with a crappy "return of Sephiroth", so the excessively disgusting amount of fangirls/boys who worship Sephiroth as if he's a decent character would be overjoyed.

I only saw the subbed version of AC and I don't plan on watching it in English.
    1:24AM: network has gone offline. if you are receiving this message, immediately call staff, ext. 694.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought a couple of the English voices were alright, but the Japanese cast was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I thought a couple of the English voices were alright, but the Japanese cast was much better.
    Agreed. I hate english dubs, thus I always go with the original and english subs. Lips matching the script = win 100% of the time.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Bit emotional here. Got fairly pissed while watching it on Blu Ray for the first time. It helps when you've just played the game through again recently. Anyway, I was absolutely blown away. The sound is immense on Blu Ray. The Japanese cast were immense and the extra footage really helped the movie. Loved it!!!!!
    I will never be a memory.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Just goes to show that most people hate video game based movie. I for one loved it, but anytime Aeris gets screen time is gold for me.
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

Flower Maiden Pure Aerisbeauty7's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisfanatic View Post
    I for one loved it, but anytime Aeris gets screen time is gold for me.
    I agree.

Thank You Polaris for this neat sig!

Which is better? If i watch FF7: AC japanese with english subs or with version where is English dubbed??

I've seen it on both DVD and blueray and to me it's an average movie.

I liked it ok. idc if its subbed or dubbed though most things are better subbed b/c there's a lot of english dubs where they decide to make 90% of the cast suck. The 3 emo brothers were meh most of the time, but I woulda preferred to see a better Kadaj vs Cloud fight instead of Sephiroth. Also, it was bs Tifa lost, she was one of my best in the game >:o

I wondered how it was that Tifa lost too, afterall she was one of my strongest aswell (stronger than Cloud for sure) but it hink it was just meant to make Loz seem like a good fighter, he comes across more of a pushover (no offence to his fans) or a crybaby, so they had to make him look like he fitted in somehow. Plus Tifa hasnt fought for nigh on two years, maybe her skills have dwindled slightly.
    Despite all it's faults AC and ACC are great films, in my opinion. I loved the bonus footage and Denzel's story in ACC.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked the complete version. More blood splitting and random people getting bitten to death by those beasts.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sad.mind View Post
    complete with a crappy "return of Sephiroth", so the excessively disgusting amount of fangirls/boys who worship Sephiroth as if he's a decent character would be overjoyed.
    I agree with this notion. It kind of disturbs me how people gravitate towards evil, cynical characters like Sephiroth or The Joker. But, meh. I thought it was decent for what it is -- a game based animated movie.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I need to pick up ACC at some point. Somebody "borrowed" my copy of AC and never returned it :/

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sad.mind View Post
    complete with a crappy "return of Sephiroth", so the excessively disgusting amount of fangirls/boys who worship Sephiroth as if he's a decent character would be overjoyed.
    I agree with this notion. It kind of disturbs me how people gravitate towards evil, cynical characters like Sephiroth or The Joker. But, meh. I thought it was decent for what it is -- a game based animated movie.
    Oh puh-lease. Evil characters like The Joker are just way more fun. And FFVII without Sephiroth is like JAWS without the shark.
    I will never be a memory.