Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rad Racer

Default Rad Racer

Discuss.
    1:24AM: network has gone offline. if you are receiving this message, immediately call staff, ext. 694.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Great game, or greatest game?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

When I was a young lad, I had two next door neighbors that were brothers. They had those type of parents that bought/rented obscure NES games. I have always assumed it was because they were cheaper, but I don't remember how games were priced back then.

So, the older brother pops over at my house one weekend afternoon and has a wicked smile on his face. Right then and there I knew my destiny was going to change that day.

We quietly enter his parent's living room where the NES was set up, and he gracefully turns the power on. And there it was...staring fiercely into the very depths of my soul.

I shed a tear. The TV screen, looking like a beacon from God himself that afternoon, said Rad Racer. Rad Racer. This had to be a good game. It wasn't called "Mediocre Racer". The screen didn't say "Sad Racer", either. I was hooked. Yes, the title ALONE hooked me before my friend even pressed start.

Why? You clearly weren't a child of the 80's. You put surfer slang in ANYTHING, it was bound the be a success. Why do you think the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles got so popular? The show had the most ridiculous concept in the world: Four mutated turtles with a mutated Rat that knows Martial Arts must save New York City from a villain that named himself the Shredder that wore the fearsome color of purple. Don't forget the bizarre sexual tension from a human female news reporter that wore a yellow raincoat. You know why no kid decided this show was worthless? Because the god damned turtles were in your face screaming "Cowabunga", "Bodacious", "Tubular", "Radical", etc.

Anyway, my friend finally pressed start after what seemed like an eternity, and I was floored. The sense of speed was simply incredible. I would build a time machine just to relive that moment over and over again. I actually felt like I was driving the coolest car in the universe--while being rad. A Rad Racer. I felt the wind rush through my hair, I smelled burning rubber, I was deafened by the noise of loud engines. My friends...Rad Racer is the very definition of why I became a gamer.

One time I played Rad Racer and I got so excited that I backflipped into my little sister's face and made her bleed all over my NES so I brutally punched her repeatedly in the ovaries until she wasn't moving anymore. I hate 11 year olds.

But that's a pretty cool story too, Sephex.
    1:24AM: network has gone offline. if you are receiving this message, immediately call staff, ext. 694.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Rad Racer is not about punching girls.

It's about love, and equality.

Dude

Bitch got in the way of my Rad Racer playing. There was no other option.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm honestly torn on the subject.

On one hand, Kishi is right. As you can see from my post above, Rad Racer brought me nothing but peace and love. I would dare say that I had euphoria that not even the strongest drug could top. Such bliss would have even made the most soulless, hardened criminal weep like a baby from the sheer joy that game can bring.

On the other hand, for one to interrupt that peace would cause someone to snap out of that bliss far too quickly. We as humans can't handle such an emotional difference in such a short amount of time. It's almost like expecting someone to survive a car crash that causes the vehicle to stop on a dime when it was going 90mph. That just doesn't happen.

I will meditate on this while playing Rad Racer.

I still stand strong on my opinion. If anyone gets in my way when I'm playing Rad Racer, they deserve to die.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just recorded myself playing this awesome game. Do I have what it takes to be a Rad Racer?!

YouTube - Playing Rad Racer

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Every time I play Rad Racer I face a life altering choice. Do I choose the red car or the white car? Choosing between the two is the hardest thing I've ever done and I've had to do it over and over and over again. Obviously the red car looks cooler, but is the white car faster? I don't know. All my years of training with video games and I still have no idea if the white car is faster than the red car. What other unseen effects come from choosing between the two? I don't know! It's such a hard choice

Blog Entries

I like to practice my vocal pitch control with the engine while I play.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Only the true Rad Racer can crash into a palm tree at 250 km/h, do a 720° spin, land on its wheels unscathed and get back up on the street. Sideways.

They should make a crossover between Rad Racer and The 3D Battles of World Runner. Perhaps The 3D Battles of Rad Racer? Or Rad Racer: World Runner's Revenge... in 3D.

don't u θink? i 罠 β wiθ u

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> What?! We discuss Rad Racer here now?

Man, this poor old FF1 forum sure has fallen, and lost its pride on the way too...
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> What?! We discuss Rad Racer here now?

Man, this poor old FF1 forum sure has fallen, and lost its pride on the way too...
    Heathen! You dare not speak another ill word against Rad Racer, or I will have your head!