Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VI and VII characters

Default VI and VII characters

Seriously, replace some FFVII characters with some of the peeps from FFVI and you'll see how similar they are.

Cloud - Locke
    Aeris - Celes
    Tifa - Terra
    Sephiroth - Kefka
    Shadow - Vincent

I haven't played enough of VII to compare other characters, although I have started it just recently. Also, if Aeris is really Aerith, then does that mean Celes is really Celeth?

Blog Entries

Cloud is nothing like Locke, If anything Cloud is like Terra, If you havent played enough of VII you might not get it but i think it'll become obvious later.

Also Kefka is alot more Kickass than Sephiroth

Further More
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I know that Cloud is a lot like Terra, but she was already taken. ;-;

Blog Entries

Default Look

The only ones that were kind of the same were Sephiroth and Kefka. Thats just how I seen it.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh no, I totally get it. Edgar is kinda like Red XIII, Cid is Like Mog, and Yuffie is kinda like Umaro.

While I'm not blind to the many aspects that VII borrowed from VI, I think you're pushing it, and just trying to see some things that are not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen View Post

Shadow - Vincent
    This is the only one I kinda agree with(although its not by much). All the others you listed, they are nothing alike

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

hmm... from what i can muster Tifa already loves cloud before the game ends where as Terra can't even fathom the idea.
    I'm trying to see where your going with this but I can't seem to recall Celes dying for the sake of the planet. I meam shadow and vincent both have mysterious pasts that are shrouded with darkness but.. Balthier, Auron, Amarant. That was your best comparison but it could be coupled with many other characters...
    The Dude Abides...

Yeah I'd like to see ONE argument about how Locke is like Cloud, just out of curiosity. Except that they've both lost someone precious but still have a gal in reserve. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Oh no, I totally get it. Edgar is kinda like Red XIII, Cid is Like Mog, and Yuffie is kinda like Umaro.
    Haha to me Umaro and Yuffie actually has something in common - i never really used them.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Throw Materia should have another level that lets you chuck your team mates. I would so give that to Yuffie and throw Red XIII at enemies.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Belugn View Post
    Haha to me Umaro and Yuffie actually has something in common - i never really used them.
    Oh man, I didn't even realize I set that one up. You, my friend, deserve a cookie.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lord there is so much wrong in this thread...

Terra's background is similar to Aerith's both are halflings of a superior magic imbued race that the main global power wants to use for their own devices but each takes a different view on how to come to terms with it. Aerith struggles to find more about her people so she learn more about herself while Terra literally struggles with discovering if she has any form of humanity and the fact her father's race were created as biological weapons.

Locke and Cloud are nothing alike but you'll discover that later, Celes and Tifa probably have more in common except Celes isn't a walking plot hole.

Vincent and Shadow are very similar though even though I feel Shadow has more of a reason to whine than Vincent and he handles his trauma much better than poor Vincent.

Kefka and Sephiroth are very different. Sephiroth is portrayed with an atmosphere of bad assness while Kefka ranges from comic relief to simply smurfed up disturbing. Both are narrcissistic with god complexes but they approach it differently. Sephiroth is methodical and does everything for the sake of his goal to become a god, while Kefka is more in the here and the now with no long reaching goals until the very final confrontation. Sephiroth kills to achieve his goals, Kefka kills for pleasure. In fact Kefka goes out of his way to kill people for the fun of it. Sephiroth only kills those who get in the way of his plans. Sephiroth believes in his delusions to the end while Kefka's time as a demi-god transforms his thinking to nihilism.

They're like opposite sides of the same coin...

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Cloud didn't want to get involved->Locke was scratching at the bit.
    Aeris=flower girl -> Celes is a warrior for God's sake
    Tifa is a bartender -> If Terra is like anyone, it's Aeris
    Kefka was crazy from day one -> Sephiroth was composed and cool from the beginning, he wouldn't have gone crazy if he (SPOILER)didn't go to Nibelheim
    Shadow and Vincent, I guess are both "secret" characters you can miss out on. Plus they both have unneeded back-up storyline.

Overall I disagree
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Relm and Auron are both bipedal. Pretty interesting.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Cid = Mog, if you think about it.