Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy?

Blog Entries

Default Where to buy?

I have a lot of cash to spare thanks to graduation, and I decided to spend some of it on VII, VIII, & IX. The thing is, while I found some really good deals for VIII and IX, I can't find any good deals online for VII. The cheapest I could find it was $44 at half.com...I mean, I really don't want to spend that much money on a game. I've searched everywhere online for it and all the prices are extremely expensive. Every good deal on eBay has at least 9 bids. Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper copy, or do I really need to cough up $50?
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

If you have a PS3 you can download it off PSN for $10 USD.

try sam goode or fye. those are the sister companies of media play where i got VII for 11$ in 06

i got VIII in 04 for 8$ used and ill gank IX from my cousin as soon as he gets around to recombining the set.. hes got the disks scattered around his house.

if those fail hit gamestop and see the mixed bin, ebay and amazon will be overpriced
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Blog Entries

They still sell them in stores? Last time I went to GameStop they didn't have any PS1 games. :|
    Era Vulgaris

that was three years ago so it might have been cleared out by now might check there websites
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

Blog Entries

Yeah, they only have VIII and IX...guess I'm out of luck seeing as I don't have a PS3. Maybe I can find a rental place somewhere.
    Era Vulgaris

amazon ff9 $14.49 new $12.76 used
    ff8 16$ 9$ used
    if you search for ff vii instead of ffvii you could buy the "massive 78 inch sephiroth masamune katana." 85$

nothing on ebay... or overstock....

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

GameQuestDirect.com - Wholesale Video Games WII NDS GBA PS3 PS2 PSP Xbox 360 Rare & more! That's where I get all my games that aren't being sold by retailers anymore. Brand new but most likely Greatest Hits version, if that doesn't bother you.

Do you have a PS3 or PSP? If so, just buy it from ten bucks off the Playstation Store Also, for the PSP, you'll need a memory stick with at least 2GB-if not more.

If not, ignore this post.

Yeah FFVII can be ridiculously expensive. (But not without a reason I guess.) The only one I could find online when I was searching was going for 68$. I was considering buying it anyway, but then magically an ex of it appeared in our local little game store for 35$ which was...really lucky I guess and I bought it right away. Lucky thing I wasn't too hot on the 68$ one after all, I can't imagine how I would feel in that case, haha.

I think the 44$ sounds like a rather good deal though, considering all other mad prices that can be found. Or you could as the other guys say get it from that Play Station store, but that's nothing I'm too familiar with. I personally like to be able to actually hold in my games, and I think FFVII is actually worth paying at least 45$ for, and I'm not what you'd call an especially wealthy person. xD..

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I bought it for $5 from a clueless friend.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Second hand copies still fetch over $100 here in my mental country.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Also keep your eye out for the PC version of FFVII. The graphics resolution has been upped, making it the one I prefer to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    I bought it for $5 from a clueless friend.
    Haha that's what I call taking advantage of someone. xD (not that I wouldn't do the same.)

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I didn't know what game I was buying at the time, though. I just knew I loved IX and wanted to play the other games in the series. After I bought it, the guy was all "haha the graphics are hella crappy but you're not getting your money back sucka". I'm pretty sure he thinks to this day he fooled the crap out of me.