Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the General Gaming forum is what most people go to these days

Default Looks like the General Gaming forum is what most people go to these days

I havn't come to this site regularly for years now. But once in awhile I'lll think of the final fantasy forum and check up on it to see what people are talking about.

When I posted pretty consistently (back during the ps1 era games) ff 7 and 8 forums blew away all the other forums (at least as far as the forums that talked about games went). But now I looked at those two forums and there are almost two months worth of threads on the front page alone.

Either a lot of the ps1 final fantasy fans have quit playing games as much or people are running out of things to talk about with those games.

As for myself generally when I check up on this site I look at this forum (as I don't find the stuff being talked about in the VII and VIII forums interesting at all).

Most people who stuck around on this site probably don't have much else to say on Final Fantasy. I love Final Fantasy but I've moved on now and don't still need to keep talking about those games, as much as I love them. The people keeping the FF boards alive are mostly new members, most of which leave after a few days.

And from the looks of it the General Gaming board is turning pretty dead also. This site sure has seen better days.

Articles
    Blog Entries

^ Not just Final Fantasy, I think a lot of us have moved on from RPG's/JRPG's as well these days.

Things surely are dead but good discussions pop up here every now and then.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Who's moving on from RPGs/ Those are the best and yes it's more than likely because there are less things to discuss about these and if Square released FFs or FF spin offs more often then there would be more activity in those discussion boards.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> The interest in FF still the same i think, but now there are sites like gamefaqs that give you all the guides,cheats,faqs,etc.
    So i guess there is no need for people to join a FF forum and ask for help there.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Yeah pretty much what everyone else said above. I personally think it's somewhat down to the global recession. I can't afford things like I used to (for instance, games). Essentials is what comes first. Maybe that everyone has kept their money safer now, people would rather discuss games they do own, rather go out and buy them.

Str8 Pimpin'

In my opinion a big reason why this site has seen a drastic drop-off in posters has a lot to do with the time period in which this website was formed. I believe this website was created around the time FF8 came out (which is a reason it is called 'Eyes on Final Fantasy)'.

Because of that a big chunk of the people who started posting here were ps1 era fans. Well now that it has been around ten years since it was formed the majority of those early posters are now in there mid to late twenties or older and probably either don't play games at all anymore or play them very seldomly. And if they don't play games very often they are going to post on gaming websites even less often.

I think a lot of the people who were here when the website was at its height have just gone on to more important things in life then playing video games on a consistent basis. And most of the new groups of rpg fans probably just don't hold the same level of attachment for Final Fantasy games before X as rpg fans did when this website was created.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono View Post
    In my opinion a big reason why this site has seen a drastic drop-off in posters has a lot to do with the time period in which this website was formed. I believe this website was created around the time FF8 came out (which is a reason it is called 'Eyes on Final Fantasy)'.

Because of that a big chunk of the people who started posting here were ps1 era fans. Well now that it has been around ten years since it was formed the majority of those early posters are now in there mid to late twenties or older and probably either don't play games at all anymore or play them very seldomly. And if they don't play games very often they are going to post on gaming websites even less often.
    That pretty much describes me. I can still appreciate videogames, and I still keep somewhat on the up and up with happenings in the gaming community, but I just don't have the kind of time (or attention span) that I used to ten years ago for vidyagames.
    don't u θink? i 罠 β wiθ u

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I think a lot of the people who were here when the website was at its height have just gone on to more important things in life then playing video games on a consistent basis.
    You're making it sound like playing video games are not important and that's like saying that reading books on a consistent basis aren't important.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I think a lot of the people who were here when the website was at its height have just gone on to more important things in life then playing video games on a consistent basis.
    You're making it sound like playing video games are not important and that's like saying that reading books on a consistent basis aren't important.
    First off I wouldn't necessarily compare video games to books (as most stories in video games are crap when you try to compare them to stories in books (the only video game story I have seen that could even come close to a story within a good book would be xenogears)).

And yes generally when you get out of your school age years you tend to start having much more important things on your plate then sitting back and playing and talking about games all day long.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic with that comment or not but if you weren't there's a response for ya.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've pretty much moved on from time-sucking RPGs to arcade games that I can play for a few minutes or a few hours depending on my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    I've pretty much moved on from time-sucking RPGs to arcade games that I can play for a few minutes or a few hours depending on my mood.
    Sell out.

Blog Entries

But they aren't.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Who's moving on from RPGs/ Those are the best and yes it's more than likely because there are less things to discuss about these and if Square released FFs or FF spin offs more often then there would be more activity in those discussion boards.
    Well, while RPG's are still one of my favorite genres, there's just so much else coming out that it's not like when I was playing every FF on home consoles and then playing remakes/spinoffs on the go on my DS.

Valkyria Chronicles & Dragon Quest IV DS were two of my favorite games of last year, and Demon's Souls is for me this one, I'll get white knight chronicles when it comes out but those are a very tiny portion of the games I play. Momiji's stated arcade games, I see Dreddz playing Motorstorm right now.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Sell out.
    What can I say, they get boring after a while.