Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleep walking, talking and vomiting?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Once I woke up on the completely opposite side of the bed. Like, my head was at the foot of the bed.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I woke up once and I was just sitting up. Then I fell back on my pillow because I was confused and thought I was already lying down xD

One time I came back to my dorm room absolutely smurfing hammered. I woke up the next day and thought everything was perfectly normal, til my roommate saw that I was awake and said

"Do you remember anything from last night?"
    "What? What are you talking about?"
    "You don't remember pissing all over the floor?"
    "What the smurf are you talking about?"

At this point I look over onto the floor and see a mass of yellow paper towels lying on the floor where my puddle of urine had previously been.

"Jesus Christ, what the hell happened?"
    "I heard a noise last night; a noise I quickly identified as someone pissing. I figured you were hammered and that you were pissing in the garbage can, and I thought 'Whatever, at least he made it to the garbage can'. All of a sudden something slammed into me as I was trying to sleep. I sat up and turned around. There you were, with only your boxers on (which were soaked in piss, apparently you didn't even have the foresight to take your boxers off), standing over a puddle of piss that had apparently soaked through your backpack (which you pissed directly on) and onto the floor, trying to climb into my bed. 'Keith, this is my bed', I said. You looked at me like you were shocked that I was there and said "Oh, really?" You then proceeded to go over to my desk and take my laptop. I said 'Keith, that is my laptop'. Once again, you seemed astonished at the fact that I was in the room and walked away. You then stood at the corner of my bed for a solid half minute, just standing there, swaying and staring off into space. I thought you were going to do something, but eventually you just turned back around, looked at me, and asked me where the "smurfing Donkey Bags are". I told you I had no idea what you were talking about. After you tried to get into my bed one more time, you made it back to your own bed and immediately passed the smurf out."

I'm convinced that this is due, at least in part, to sleepwalking. I don't think that I could've been so drunk that I forgot where my bed was numerous times, and "Donkey Bags" sounds like something out of a dream. Either way, it makes for a good story and I'm sticking to the assertion that I was sleepwalking (albeit drunken, sloshed sleepwalking). Oh and my backpack had school stuff that I needed in it and was ruined by the piss.

Fin.

I did a swan dive into my tv when I was younger. I don't really sleepwalk anymore. I grew out of it.
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Pretty sure donkey bags beats out giant gnomes and ninja rolls.

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't sleep walk or talk, but occasionally I get sleep paralysis, and that's very scary. Pretty much, you are fully aware that you are asleep, but you are also awake. However, if you try to move you can't. You have to wait a few seconds for it to pass.

On Friday night/Saturday morning, the scariest thing happened to me. It felt like sleep paralysis, but I don't know what to make of it. I think I was asleep when all of a sudden I felt my body tense up beyond my control and I felt as if I was grabbing my head on both sides with my finger tips pressing against my temple very firmly. All of a sudden I heard multiple voices that were all me. They said something like, "We are all existing across time." I guessed that meant past and future versions of myself--along with my present self at that moment--were communicating with each other in one synchronous moment. This was pretty detailed, down to hearing younger and older versions of me.

Apparently, I was telling myself that I could "time travel" to any given moment in my life. For example, if I wanted to wake up as a child, I would be able to do so with all of my memories of my 27 year life intact. I asked a question and a half when I suddenly snapped awake. The sensation of the fingertips on my head was so real that I went to put my arms down at my side--but they were already there.

I've never experienced something like this before, and I don't know what to make of it. The one person I have told this to told me that I was dreaming, but again, I was aware of everything. And even when I dream NOTHING ever feels as realistic as my fingers seemingly touching my own head.

I don't do any illegal drugs, I didn't drink alcohol that night, I had plenty of water, and I didn't eat right before going to bed. My body was physically clean as it possibly could have been at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    It was Rad Racer trying to relay a very important message from every instance of time.
    don't u θink? i 罠 β wiθ u

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I really have no idea what to make of that. Is it scary having that happen or is it kind of interesting? Did you think about traveling back at all?

I have night terrors every once in a while. The last time I had one, I woke up and thought I was in a different dimension. I was split down the middle it felt like, my left half was facing behind me and the right was facing forward. I thought that the inhabitants of this dimension were gonna kill me so I tried killing myself by running full speed into a wall. It took awhile before I woke up. My brother said I was shrieking like some sort of dying animal.

It was pretty interesting, nothing like Sephex's experience though.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    One time I came back to my dorm room absolutely smurfing hammered. I woke up the next day and thought everything was perfectly normal, til my roommate saw that I was awake and said

"Do you remember anything from last night?"
    "What? What are you talking about?"
    "You don't remember pissing all over the floor?"
    "What the smurf are you talking about?"

At this point I look over onto the floor and see a mass of yellow paper towels lying on the floor where my puddle of urine had previously been.

"Jesus Christ, what the hell happened?"
    "I heard a noise last night; a noise I quickly identified as someone pissing. I figured you were hammered and that you were pissing in the garbage can, and I thought 'Whatever, at least he made it to the garbage can'. All of a sudden something slammed into me as I was trying to sleep. I sat up and turned around. There you were, with only your boxers on (which were soaked in piss, apparently you didn't even have the foresight to take your boxers off), standing over a puddle of piss that had apparently soaked through your backpack (which you pissed directly on) and onto the floor, trying to climb into my bed. 'Keith, this is my bed', I said. You looked at me like you were shocked that I was there and said "Oh, really?" You then proceeded to go over to my desk and take my laptop. I said 'Keith, that is my laptop'. Once again, you seemed astonished at the fact that I was in the room and walked away. You then stood at the corner of my bed for a solid half minute, just standing there, swaying and staring off into space. I thought you were going to do something, but eventually you just turned back around, looked at me, and asked me where the "smurfing Donkey Bags are". I told you I had no idea what you were talking about. After you tried to get into my bed one more time, you made it back to your own bed and immediately passed the smurf out."

I'm convinced that this is due, at least in part, to sleepwalking. I don't think that I could've been so drunk that I forgot where my bed was numerous times, and "Donkey Bags" sounds like something out of a dream. Either way, it makes for a good story and I'm sticking to the assertion that I was sleepwalking (albeit drunken, sloshed sleepwalking). Oh and my backpack had school stuff that I needed in it and was ruined by the piss.

Fin.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    The only time I've ever vomited in my sleep was due to unbelievable drunkenness. I knew a dude in college who sleep walked into his room mates room & pi$$ed in his wardrobe,also possible alcohol related
    I knew a dude in college who sleep walked into his room mates room & pi$$ed in his wardrobe,also possible alcohol related
    also possible alcohol related

possible alcohol related

I think you'll find it's more than possible.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I think alcohol fueled sleepwalking still counts xD

But wow Sephex, that sounds freaking awesome. I think they call those lucid dreams where you are fully aware of the fact that you are sleeping and dreaming. I've never had one, but they sound pretty cool.

I've never sleepwalked or sleep talked but I was at a party once where one of my friends was saying some really random things in his sleep, then he shouted "WHY CAN'T WE ALL TIDY UP". Someone asked if he was asleep and he said "yeah I pinched myself", and then punched himself in the face. He was asleep the entire time.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've twice had a nosebleed in my sleep. That one's messy.
    Then there's the occasional crippling leg cramp. It's a strange and disturbing feeling, drifting back to consciousness whilst in blinding agony, to find yourself hunched on the floor and gripping the bed frame for support...

Sleep-talking people can be entertaining, though, especially if they're in the state of mind where they'll answer any question truthfully.

I used to have lucid dreams, where I knew I was sleeping and was able to control what happened. That happened a lot when I was very young. Not so much anymore, but strangely if I have a dream where I can fly, my dreams do become lucid to an extent.

I've had the leg cramps too, mostly in my calves but once or twice in my thigh. It is really weird to wake up to insane amounts of shooting pain, endure that for a couple minutes and fall back asleep, only to wake up wondering why your muscle hurts. Stupid body.

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Apparently I say some pretty weird stuff while I’m sleeping. I don’t know. For the audience, I’d imagine it would be a pleasant break from the repetitive, mindless gruel that I preach—with dauntless consistency—during my hours of consciousness. Silver lining, and so on.