Thread: Characters that suck

Default Characters that suck

I've been playing the Japanese Dissidia for a while now, and even though it's a fun game, i have a few problems with the characters. The characters you start with in the kind of 'instant action' mode (all of the good characters from 1-10) are all fairly good...when i started, i was only using the ones from the first 3 or 4 games, so i could save the rest of them for the english version, but recently i gave in and started buying some of the characters i was looking forward to playing...my most recent purchases were ultemecia and kefka, both of whom i'm very disappointed in. Ultemicia is extremely, extremely slow and her attacks aren't all that amazing...Kefka is a prancing fool, which most people think is good, but i saw him as more of a sadistic, yet kind of intelligent guy, rather than a bat insane lunatic who prances everywhere (he literally prances instead of walking). i know you can customise their moves later on, but i don't know how to do this as everything is in japanese but for now, i don't really like them...

anywho, has anybody else played/played further than me in this game who can shed some light onto why they suck so much? or just give your opinions

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, you shouldn't compare their starting abilities with what they're fully capable of later on. Ultimecia and Kefka are meant to be "mind game" characters that trick the opponent, not straight up offensive characters. Ulti in particular is totally not meant to fight up close.

If you don't understand Japanese, try using this wiki, it has translated lists of all the items, abilities, and so on.

oooh, thanks...i don't think i'll need it much though 'cause i really only want to play the instant action rather than the story mode im this version of the game

as for those characters, i just hope they get uber with the later abilities

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

From what I hear the villains are a bit trickier to control than the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    From what I hear the villains are a bit trickier to control than the heroes.
    They are. Most of the villains are mages, using a lot of distance attacks (controlling Ultimecia at full power, you can keep your enemies far from you easily, and glide in the air attacking nearly all the time), and her attacks have the greatest reach on the game. Kefka is one of the trickiest, because his attacks act mostly randomly, but they can be deadly. Ex-Death is a good tool for the ones that think that defense is the best offense, because his abilities work around defending and making counters. Jecht is the opposite, making extremely long combos just because he can't do to much making (if not any) magic.

They need to be worked modifying their abilities to adjust them to your fighting style, but they really can get ubber if you want to.

Oh yeah, and Bartz can be a complete smurfer if you control it at his fullest.
    Last edited by Ramza Beoulve; 08-04-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Those characters don't 'suck', they just need a higher level of skill as compared to other characters. For example, Ex-Death can be a beast if you use him rigth. Otherwise, he's just a walking punching bag.

Nobody sucks, really, it's all about knowing how to play the character.

If you play against a skilled player and using Golbez even though you've spent little to no time on him, odds are your gonna get your ass handed to you.

if you play against a skilled player and using Ultimecia who is your main and who you know inside and out, your gonna have a good shot at victory.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Select the Taru, you win.