Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excaliber II

Yeah. I kinda like to get extra stuff like this, but it just isn't worth it. Steiner kicks enough ass already

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

I usually don't blatantly support anything, but Atomos really wrote the quintessential Excalibur II/Perfect Game guide on GameFAQs, and you should definitely give it a look-see if you're interested in pursuing the challenge. Playing on the PS3 might give you some undue annoyances though, just a head's-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunnova View Post
    I usually don't blatantly support anything, but Atomos really wrote the quintessential Excalibur II/Perfect Game guide on GameFAQs, and you should definitely give it a look-see if you're interested in pursuing the challenge. Playing on the PS3 might give you some undue annoyances though, just a head's-up.
    Well, thanks for that. I may follow that guide at some point, but probably not. Skipping all dialogue, ATEs, and FMVs? No chance. I'd rather hack the sword.

I do appreciate the info though. It will help me deal with it a little better to know that it is impossible to get a truly perfect game, and I'd rather sacrifice the sword than the rest of it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    This weapon is one of the biggest reasons why I never finished FFIX. As a completionist, I have to collect every weapon/item/etcetera in the game, and being forced to speed run to do that just killed it for me. I hate speed runs, and I'm so glad that they didn't carry the idea over into future FFs.
    I believe 'speed runs' take the fun out of the game, because for me the journey through the game is what is important.

I actually did try, but stopped before that early stage in the game where you stumble upon Quina's swamp, because at that point I realized I wasn't having fun.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Excalibur II is a great idea because if you play through the game and enjoy it, even if you make sure to get everything, there is still something left to try. Then if you manage to go get Excalibur II on a different playthrough, you still have the incredible challenge of also trying to get everything else to have a perfect save. I think the design of this sidequest is brilliant.