Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21216171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009/2010 UK Football Season Thread

haha charlie good goal from eto'o though
    Making a slow come back since 2008

I don't like seeing English teams crash out of Europe...however, I do enjoy seeing Chelsea get comprehensively beaten and more than that, I enjoy seeing Drogba getting sent off.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Agreed with the above gentleman.

Hopefully now Chelsea can focus on the league because I would prefer them to win it to United, for obvious record-related reasons.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Chelsea out, Fulham through, those are the sort of European results I like
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Fulham tooling Juve to go through to the quarters in the fashion they've done it over these last two games is definitely one of the most awesome things I've ever seen in football, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Hopefully now Chelsea can focus on the league because I would prefer them to win it to United, for obvious record-related reasons.
    Never going to happen, both us and Arsenal have been creeping up on Chelsea the past few weeks. I do like how close the top of the league is though, still all to play for.
    I love seeing Chelsea crash and burn, I just they can walk away this season without winning a trophy.

The Fulham game today was one of the best I've seen in months. An amazing result, I'm gonna be supporting them the whole way now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Would be pretty surprised if Chelsea don't win the FA Cup, to be honest. I know Villa and Spurs are perfectly capable of beating them on their day, but for some reason I just can't see it happening in those games. Still, supporting Villa/Fulham in that one for now.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Like Bob I'd be very surprised if Chelsea don't win the FA Cup - also last I checked they were still very capable of winning the league (and I think they will), one European defeat doesn't necessarily mean the end of days just yet.

Hooray, we got Barcelona!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Can't say I think any particular club will win the league, far too close to call for me.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Benfica? Welp, we're out.

I hope Messi and Fabregas end up in a brawl, as then we will finally know who is the biggest ponce in football. Mind you, Thierry Henry and Arshavin can also stake claims. To say nothing of Ibrahimovic...!

Messi 'the ponce' could run rings around most players, not least the Arsenal, Liverpool and England teams. Best player in the world. And I'd take most of those players over Mr I Get into Brawls off the Pitch Gerrard.

Articles

I never said he's a bad player. Just that I think he's a ponce. Also yes I remember when he rang rings around Liverpool and was most certainly not outperformed by Craig bloody Bellamy. :goofy:

PS: Gerrard is better than every single one of them apart from your boy Messi. Although, yes, he is a nasty piece of work.

Yeah, pick a performance from three years ago, just after he'd come back from a three month foot injury layoff. That makes perfect sense!

And 'ponce' usually just doubles as an English term for 'foreign player who is fast and rather skilful'

Articles

Well I can hardly pick one from this season, can I? Presumably they deliberately did well in the CL group stages just so they could avoid the brutal pasting we'd give them in the Europa League. Those sneaky Catalanians! But yeah at the end of the day, in the last Liverpool v Barcelona game he got tooled and seeing it doesn't look like he will be playing against us anytime soon unless he signs for Fulham, I don't know what else you want.

Also not really, because I'd also apply the term "ponce" to Frank Lampard

Some good football this weekend, and for once I can watch all three top teams.
    Of course, the big one out of those three is Man Utd V Liverpool. So, what's everyone think the result of that will be? Being a Man Utd fan I'd have to say Utd, but I was confident of victory when we first played them at the start of the season...and that ended badly.

Still, I'd have to say 2-0 United.