Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91923242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2009/2010 UK Football Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    the most hated clubs in England!
    Jealousy.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That or because their fans are mostly (this is not true of all of you) glory hunting obnoxious twats.

And you're both obscenely rich and the most hated clubs in England!
    That honour has been taken over by thr Scousers unfortunately. On a poll done on Teamtalk. Liverpool fans are hated throughout the land.

At least our hatred is plain envy & jealously. Most Scouse fans i meet are bitter morons obsessed with history.

How do you think Liverpool got a fanbase? Yes that's right when they won everything & were followed by gloryhunting obnoxious twats.

I made the insane decision to support United in the 80s when we were . George Best & Norman Whiteside & Frank Stapleton are to blame.

Articles

Survey says: We all loathe Leeds United! | The Sun |Sport|Football
    10 Most Hated Football Teams - Goal.com

Nope, sorry, only Leeds are more hated than you lot. We're actually pretty well liked among neutrals. Couldn't find evidence of your teamtalk poll btw.

Question though: Why would Liverpool fans be jealous when the history they're apparently so obsessed with is better than any other club in Britain's? Can't have it both ways.

PS: I started supporting Liverpool in the Souness era so I can relate.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Man Utd and Chelsea are much more disliked than Liverpool - Man Utd for the number of fans they have nowhere near Manchester, and Chelsea for having the most gits in one football team.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

United are hated because they're adored by their fans and because they have so many fans. The more overall fans you have, the more twat-fans you have, the more you associate the club with twats. Such is life. Leeds just happens to have a high concentration of twats, I guess. There's also the jealousy of having so many fans on a global scale, I imagine. But as for hatred over the past twenty years or so, I am certain that the consistent success plays a massive part in it. To deny that is silly. Chelsea are also disliked for similar reasons, not just the gits. They're disliked because they "bought success" (ie, got a good invester) and because, well, they're successful - and people get jealous of that. If you don't, you're silly. Everyone is a glory hunter. If you don't want glory for your club then I'd find it weird.

Not much to do with being "insanely rich" - we're far, far more in debt than Liverpool and, as for transfer payments...

Net spend, 04-09:
    City - £38m per season
    Chelsea - £24m per season
    Liverpool - £18m per season
    Spurs - £16m per season
    Villa - £15m per season
    Sunderland - £12m per season
    United - £5.3m per season
    Stoke - £5.1m per season
    West Ham - £5.1m per season

So yeah, if "insanely rich" you mean "on par with Stoke and West Ham". The theory that Liverpool is insanely poor is a lie spread by Rafa to cover up his atrocious history of poor purchases (or possibly just poor management of said purchases?). United, though, is not insanely rich.

For the full PL history, Liverpool manage £11.1m per season (3rd, behind Chelsea and City) to United's £7.7m per season (6th, behind Spurs and Villa).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

mon eh gers!!!!

even thought they already won it

Articles

Haha, nice diddling of the figures. I have to wonder what that "net spend" would be without the £80m for Ronaldo - the money that doesn't really have to be spent on players seeing as United already have a title winning side. It also wouldn't include the £30m spent on Rio Ferdinand whose services United already benefit from either.

Forbes' list of the most valuable football clubs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia here you go, though. Liverpool are more in debt than United and have been for the past three years.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Prelimary England squad of 30 for the World Cup (23 will be chosen in the final squad by June 1st):

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 05-11-2010 at 02:13 PM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

No Bobby Zamora? Thought he might be in with an outside chance. Rest of it is pretty much as expected.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Zamora missing out mostly due to Bent outscoring him by a massive margin, I'd imagine.

Pick your seven players to get cut! I'm going with...

Upson, Warnock, Huddlestone, Wright-Phillips, Parker, Carrick, Bent. Mostly just stabs in the dark, mind you. I never get these things right. =|

Blog Entries

Dawson, Parker, Huddlestone, King, Heskey and A. Johnson won't make the cut imo

Old Manus' Starting XI for Eng v USA knocked up in 2 minutes of boredom:

(4-4-2, it's only the USA...)
    Goalkeeper: James
    Defenders: RB Glen Johnson, DC Rio Ferdinand, DC John Terry, LB Stephen Warnock (or Ash Cole if fit)
    Midfield: RW Steven Gerrard, CM Frank Lampard, CM Gareth Barry, LW Joe Cole
    Forwards: Defoe & Rooney
    Subs: Green, Carragher, Upson, Walcott, Lennon, Milner, Crouch

there was a picture here

Question though: Why would Liverpool fans be jealous when the history they're apparently so obsessed with is better than any other club in Britain's? Can't have it both ways.

PS: I started supporting Liverpool in the Souness era so I can relate.
    that's like saying why would a guy be jealous of a guy with an insanely beautiful wife because he used to have a beautiful wife himself but she left him and now he's alone, wanking into a sock while watching songs of praise.

Oh and the hatred of Liverpool fans is a recent development. You will see soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    mon eh gers!!!!

even thought they already won it
    Scum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

So. Nottingham Forest, Cardiff, Leicester or Blackpool? I'm going for the former of them - as someone who has heard/watched/read about the Clough days and the team being one of the few names (alongside the likes of Crystal Palace) that I actually recognised from the papers in New Zealand, it'd be nice to see them in the PL for the first time since I actively started following football. Please, though, not Blackpool. I just hate that name alone!

Blog Entries

Please, though, not Blackpool. I just hate that name alone!
    It would have been the Swans if the incompetent employees who call themselves 'Strikers' had managed to put the ball in the back of the Sheffield Utd net JUST ONCE on the last game of the season!

there was a picture here