Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009/2010 UK Football Season Thread

Blog Entries

I feel sorry for Manchester City. They keep trying to buy all these flashy players but nobody wants to join them

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I read "Souness backs Owen to shine at United" and my heart leapt with joy.

The two worst things that have happened to Liverpool in my time as a fan firstly teamed up to destroy Newcastle, and now they're setting their sights on Man United.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

How was Owen one of the worst things to happen to Liverpool? I can completely understand the rest of what you said.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Because of all the turmoil the little caused by totally dicking us about with his contract. Oh yes I am going to sign a new one trust me no honestly I will derp derp derp yup sure will. Oh actually smurf it, never mind, it's about to expire. Guess you have to sell me for a fraction of my worth now! Then afterwards he went and called the fans because they apparently liked Steven Gerrard more than him?

Mind you it was a bit harsh to say that he was one of the worst things as he did win the FA Cup in '01 single-handedly. We'll call it even, Little Mickey.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Haha, really? Crazy.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh, Cooties (Again) View Post
    Mind you it was a bit harsh to say that he was one of the worst things as he did win the FA Cup in '01 single-handedly. We'll call it even, Little Mickey.
    Stephane Henchoz won Liverpool that FA Cup final single-handed - quite literally!

Only another four or five weeks before this dead zone period clears...
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

Ahahaha very, very true. Henchoz was a badman.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Man City further proves it's status as a club circus with the capture of Adebayor. Seriously, where are these players gonna fit in? Robinho, Adebayor, Tevez, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Caicedo, Evans, Benjani, & Bojinov are their current strikers. I'm guessing he'll probably sell off Caicedo & Benjani, but the first five are all gonna want to start, and you can rest assured they will show it if they don't. I can only see this ending in disaster for them.

Str8 Pimpin'

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Man City are actually signing players now which takes away the top comedy value of the ridiculous bids for Kaka and Terry.

Also: BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | N | Notts County | Eriksson aims for Premier League - Sven to play IRL FM2009
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles

How can you get fired as manager of Mexico? Who on earth did he get bad results against? Guatemala? Canada?

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Man City further proves it's status as a club circus with the capture of Adebayor. Seriously, where are these players gonna fit in? Robinho, Adebayor, Tevez, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Caicedo, Evans, Benjani, & Bojinov are their current strikers. I'm guessing he'll probably sell off Caicedo & Benjani, but the first five are all gonna want to start, and you can rest assured they will show it if they don't. I can only see this ending in disaster for them.
    This is something I have a problem with too. Why are MC buying so many strikers. Okay Robinho played left midfield for Real Madrid so at least he has 2 positions he can play in, if he'd ever stop whining & play some football! Tevez & Adebayor will probably start but I'm not sure they'll work well together. Tevez could probably play central attacking midfield too if needed but with Stephen Ireland playing a stormer that doubtful. Santa Cruz & Bellamy will probably warm the bench so as for the rest of them even though I like Benjani, its reserve football unless their sold.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    How can you get fired as manager of Mexico? Who on earth did he get bad results against? Guatemala? Canada?
    El Salavador and Honduras actually
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

For City, expect three strikers, probable first choicers being Adebayor in the middle with Tevez and Robinho on the flanks.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

bad. times. .

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | E | Everton | Lescott wants exit from Everton

Not surprised, probably shouldn't be disappointed as it might mean we'll have a transfer budget now, blah, blah, blah. I would be sorry to see him go, even for £22m, not only because of the loss to Everton but because I feel that he'd be much more appreciated and possibly even achieve more being with Everton than with City. However, I can't complain and he's done really well for himself here and wish him every luck.

Though I am annoyed that our brilliant central defensive partnership of Jagielka and Lescott is unlikely to appear again
    Last edited by Heath; 08-04-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Whoops, wrong link. I'm not sad to see Senderos go!
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.