Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009/2010 UK Football Season Thread

It's become a bit of a joke. It's between Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea. All the other teams are just making up the numbers. smurfing shame.
    I will never be a memory.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

It's been like that for the last 10 years now you know (in hacing only two or three teams in with a shout anyway),this is hardly headline news =P
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    It's been like that for the last 10 years now you know (in hacing only two or three teams in with a shout anyway),this is hardly headline news =P
    Arsenal were also in the running in the past ten years and are probably kidding themselves into believing they have a shot. Man City are probably thinking they're in with a shout too. Neither are.
    I will never be a memory.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Well, your right about Man City. I think they will be lucky to get a Europa League spot. For some reason however, I fancy Arsenal to do very well this coming season. If they bring in another decent centre back, and possibly an experienced central midfielder they will chase right to the end. Vermaelen was a good buy, while it's scary to think what Arshavin will do this coming season.

Also Dan, these guys deserve a shout:

& of course:

Str8 Pimpin'

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

smurf Dion Dublin. He was the only sticker I needed to complete Man Utd in my Premier League 94 sticker album.

Hahahahaha Dion Dublin played for Man United and won the league. That is a pretty funny thought, looking back on it!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

xD God I remember them. Mine was the Leeds United crest in the 96/97 season. I swear I would have sold my soul for it at the time. Those sticker album's were so addictive and cost me a fortune (smurfing bandai).

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by sephireland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Arsenal were also in the running in the past ten years and are probably kidding themselves into believing they have a shot. Man City are probably thinking they're in with a shout too. Neither are.
    Thanks, but I'm perfectly realistic about Arsenal's chances =P.

And don't put us in the same category as Man City!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

While I appreciate that Tony Yeboah is indeed a badman, those men all still pale in comparison to the master himself. Also i'm quite disappointed Faustino Asprilla wasn't in that list with them. He was a badman.

Also yeah don't put us in the same category as Arsenal, I know people seem to be very jealous and upset that a club that has been awful for a long time finally gets a break with a little bit of money (that still isn't going to stop our glorious 12th place heritage) but we're not nearly that disgustingly vile and failridden.

I'm flattered, I truly am.

As for the idea that I might be jealous of teams like Chelsea and Man City with their newfound wealth, all I can say is 'no , Sherlock'

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

nah, arsenal are a great team and I have a LOT of respect for Arsene Wenger. I have a little doll of him that my Gran knitted for me. I take him on outings to the park and he whispers sweet French nothings into my ear. <!--I'll do it myself if you won't!-->

edit:

Last edited by DK; 08-14-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

How can you be jealous of Man City when Arsenal easily paid £20ish million (price was never disclosed, but Spurs had a £16m offer rejected) for Arshavin? We've all got mad money. City are just catching up, really.

Because Man City have done about half a dozen transfers like that this summer? We hardly make those £15-20 million transfers very often! OK we do have more cash than 99% of clubs out there but...but...shut up!

Anyway on a serious note I'm looking forward to the new season, though will probably hastily revise this opinion after we lose to Everton on the weekend and Celtic knock us out of the European Cup.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Those half a dozen transfers only put them on the same page as the rest of us, though - hence "catching up". Also, if we had bought six big name players this season then I'd be worried since we don't need to. City have the players to be replaced. I suppose, though, that Arsenal have a few duds around, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its strange that everyone complains about Man City spending around £100m on players when Real Madrid spent over £250m but hey whatever!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Man City didn't really deserve the money they're using to buy the title though.