Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Michael!!! NOOOO!!!!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it was overwork and stress that might have triggered the cardiac arrest. I usually don't assume, but he probably was stressed out over his comeback tour.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Was pretty surprised to hear about this. Heard Newsnight mention it about an hour and a half ago that he had been rushed to hospital but I wasn't expecting him to actually die.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

cant believe he's gone.
    I'm gutted

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*snip*

[leeza]Totally not appropriate. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

I have this image of his fans standing over him re-enacting the Galuf scene.

This utterly sucks; my sister had tickets for two different dates on his comeback tour as she'd never been to see him before. She. Is. Pissed.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But hell, if you're gonna die, there's worse legacies to leave. Not so many better though.

in total shock man!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    This utterly sucks; my sister had tickets for two different dates on his comeback tour as she'd never been to see him before. She. Is. Pissed.
    Is pissed really the appropriate response? It's not like he flaked on the concerts on purpose. xD

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know how many people knew, but I have always had a lot of respect for Michael Jackson, both as a musician and as a person.

And... I will continue to respect him. Whatever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Is pissed really the appropriate response? It's not like he flaked on the concerts on purpose. xD
    No, that's a good point. Pissed isn't the right word at all. It's just the word that was on my mind when I typed it for some reason. Devastated is better. Devastated and not responding much to online chat as she says she's glued to the TV and keeps breaking down

I imagine plenty more are the same way.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Wow. Like Rye said, first Farrah and now this. When I read about Fawcett’s death, I was like What?, when I read about MJ’s, I was like WHAT??!! Naturally, it's not widely expected. Haha, as usual, I always think it’s a joke first... I don’t know why, it’s like I just can’t accept it or something. "Man, it’s gotta be a joke!" I think when I read the article. I come around, though.
    Boy, it’s like Death Month all over again. I wonder who will next...

A very sad day indeed. No matter what your opinion on Michael Jackson, you have to be a real low asshole to take pleasure in this guy’s death.

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Not MJ, not the pop king. Whether he has died or not I will still be a huge fan. I stuck by him when he slowly turned white and I stuck by him during all that kiddy touching stuff.
    And will always live on in my most played playlist on my mp3 player....
    Great dancer+Great Music=The Legend that is Michael Jackson.

When I heard that he'd had a heart attack, I thought it would be one of those things where he goes to hospital and is out in like a week.

This really came out of nowhere, and I am surprisingly down about this.

Jellyfish swim by.

It does suck he died, but I'm going to play the black sheep here.

His death is not a surprise. At all. The man may not have been old, but he certainly wasn't young. It's somewhat commonplace to have heartattacks at that age. This just shows Michael is a man like any other.

And I"ve always wondered, why do people only seem to speak of the good things a man did when he dies? Does his death somehow right his wrongs? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he definately molested the kids(I'm fairly sure he did, but thats hardly the point), as I barely payed attention to the details, but people who were constantly after him for that, sure he did it, will now be all ass-kissing now that the guy is dead, almost as if none of that ever happened?

The people who went after him for him loosing touch with reality, being a horrible father, and all that, now turn and say he was an amazing person? Something about all that disgusts me.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I think he was a great man, I'm not going to pretend to be particularly sad he died. Again, I'm never happy another human dies like this, but at the same time it happens. life moves on.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Uh, I think several million people are finding the news pretty surprising.