Thread: Michael!!! NOOOO!!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

This situation is somewhat unique to me. When I was four or five, I used to watch his videoclips all the time and dance the same as him. Then I grew out of it and felt so embarrassed by my family members constantly reminding me of it and saying how incredible I was in immitating him. So I stopped liking Michael Jackson, never really hating him. I jyst stopped caring about him at all. So I was surprised with what I felt when my mom woke me up today:
    "Patryk, you asleep?"
    "Yeah..." I said.
    "Did you know Michael Jackson died?" when she said that I practically leapt up and exclaimed:
    "What?!"
    It was so surreal. I mean, for all I knew, I didn't care for Michael Jackson. And yet it turns out that a part of me that loved him, that used to do the Moonwalk, that now feels saddened and shocked. It's not that I was ashamed of him because of the rumours about him being a pedophile - I didn't know wether to believe them or not. It's just weird to me...

Blog Entries

<!-- I'm sure I made an on-topic post in this thread but somebody still deleted it. Therefore this post will not be on topic. -->
    [leeza]You don't have any deleted posts in this thread so I'm going to moderate this one ~hero[/leeza]

there was a picture here

Banned
    Blog Entries

Uh, wow. That really sucks .....

Don't really know what to think right now. I'm hoping his shaky past doesn't make people forget him.

it's so strange to think that yesterday morning, when the word Michael Jackson cam up you would instantly think WACKO JACKO or PEDO.

Now the world is in mourning and i admit it so am i. I wouldn't have even known if i wasn't sorting out TGG at the time. when i did hear, i wandered into my bedroom and said " Jay...Michael Jackson died....".

Of course jay didn't believe me at first but now...he is mixing in MJ songs as a tribute. (.......DJ's.)

It's so hard to believe he's dead. I always thought he would be the first man to be cryogenicly frozen.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    Also, also, even though I'm saddened by Michael's death, the mourning Pedo Bear images crack me up.

Aww, poor Michael. His heart was just too big. ):

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    And I"ve always wondered, why do people only seem to speak of the good things a man did when he dies?
    Look up the scene in FF VIII where they hear Seifer died. Explains your question right there.

It was one of those things, hearing it this morning. I knew it was true, but I wouldn't accept. Not MJ, no way. Yeah, today sucked. Two celebrity deaths confirmed, I heard of one more unconfirmed, and yeah, family too

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Talented singer and dancer that he was, i'm not gonna mourn someone who behaved in the way he appears to have done.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I honestly would have bought tickets for a show if he came to Germany on his European tour.

Sad to hear the news. Probably the greatest artist there ever was. And of course without MJ we wouldn't have Moonwalker on the Megadrive. The pinnacle of his career no doubt.

As a person he was pretty sketchy. As an artist and performer, there's no one who could even compare to his significance. RIP
    don't u θink? i 罠 β wiθ u

Banned
    Blog Entries

The emergency call has been released, and the police are searching for the doctor.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I think it was overwork and stress that might have triggered the cardiac arrest. I usually don't assume, but he probably was stressed out over his comeback tour.
    This. If you can imagine the pressure on him at the time- jesus, most ordinary people wouldn't have been able to handle it, and he was physically quite a frail man.

Absolute legend, RIP Nothing to add that hasn't already been said.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> The king died and no one can replace him, these are bad news indeed.
    RIP MJ.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    As a person he was pretty sketchy. As an artist and performer, there's no one who could even compare to his significance. RIP
    I agree he was an amazing artist and preformer, but 'no one could even compare to his significance'? Chuck Berry, they artist who popularized the modern day format for songs (Verses and Chorus), Elvis Presley, The Beattles, and quite a few others.

Again, not saying he wasn't significant in the field he was in, but saying no one compared in his significance is kind of a silly statement.