Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where'd All My Passion Go?

I disappear for about a year at a time, post terrible spam then leave again!!

It usually coincides with my periods of ultimate depression! ;-D

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Too much of anything and you'll get bored of it, imo. Just take a break and come back and see how you feel then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I get into serious depression funks if I don't keep myself constantly busy/learning/researching new things.
    This is EXACTLY what I do to keep 'sane'

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    This thread is a poorly and thinly veiled attempt at "I'm back."
    Thank you Captain Obvious, but I think I made that apparent enough by saying
    Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    It's been a while since I've last been on EoFF.
    and
    (realizes Staff and CKs are eyeing this thread right now ready to close it at any second, uh, no offense Staff and CKs)
    which is why I put a thread topic at the end of my post.

Also, you guys are sure it's okay for me to become lose my will to do stuff all of a sudden? I mean, that's like Momiji hating anime girls, Avarice-ness trash talking about her baby, or Sagensyg becoming all serious and bitter. I know those things aren't an impossibility, but they are quite drastic changes all the same.

...I guess my main reason I'm concerned about this is because I was wanting to run this EoFF event where I quiz people on how much they know certain EoFFers and willing participants would PM me questions about themselves. I thought right now would be a good time to run this since everyone would be having summer vacation. Although I can't help it if I'm not willing to do something anymore, I still feel bad about dropping what seemed to be a really fun idea. I've also been having a similar problem with thread ideas as well.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    This thread is a poorly and thinly veiled attempt at "I'm back."
    Thank you Captain Obvious, but I think I made that apparent enough by saying
    It's been a while since I've last been on EoFF.
    and
    (realizes Staff and CKs are eyeing this thread right now ready to close it at any second, uh, no offense Staff and CKs)
    which is why I put a thread topic at the end of my post.

Also, you guys are sure it's okay for me to become lose my will to do stuff all of a sudden? I mean, that's like Momiji hating anime girls, Avarice-ness trash talking about her baby, or Sagensyg becoming all serious and bitter. I know those things aren't an impossibility, but they are quite drastic changes all the same.

...I guess my main reason I'm concerned about this is because I was wanting to run this EoFF event where I quiz people on how much they know certain EoFFers and willing participants would PM me questions about themselves. I thought right now would be a good time to run this since everyone would be having summer vacation. Although I can't help it if I'm not willing to do something anymore, I still feel bad about dropping what seemed to be a really fun idea. I've also been having a similar problem with thread ideas as well.
    Evastio, it's okay to break out of character once and a while. You don't have to be parody of yourself. I mean, I definitely don't act like I do on EoFF every single minute or every single day. I have my quiet and shy days and moments. It's all good.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Thank you Captain Obvious, but I think I made that apparent enough by saying [stuff]
    Yeah, and if you knew what QAC meant, you would have realized why I pointed it out, despite you saying something.

But since it's not instantly and plainly obvious for the likes of your frail little mind that I could think ahead of you, decide to ignore you anyways, and then show you up for the ignorant person that you are, I shall explain, in the most basic terms, why I lined up my post like I did.

QAC means "question answered; closed." That means that whatever inquiry the original poster/thread creator decided to make, the question has been sufficiently responded to by the general populace. Additionally, it may be used when the thread has no topic or is generally against forum rules; in this case, it is meant with sarcasm. You have already stated the realization that you have not posted in a long time, and yet you decided to create the thread in the first place, suspecting that the Staff would close it. The funny part is, is that "Staff" may also refer to "Site Staff" since you decided to also include the need to reference CKs as a separate entity.

Unfortunately, we do not close threads outside of SV and the Fortress of Solitude. As such, QAC, should be the last thing which should be posted in a closed thread with an answer. However, I responded to your inquiry after posting QAC. Clearly, I would not have closed the thread if I were on Forum Staff, and found a legitimate topic to answer to, even though I had "closed" the thread.

I wonder, do you really not think before you post something that tries to be insulting, or do you just think that no one will make fun of you for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessticle View Post
    Evastio, it's okay to break out of character once and a while. You don't have to be parody of yourself.
    What? You mean that the internet isn't serious business? BLASPHEMER

Quote Originally Posted by Tavern Belle View Post
    Yeah, and if you knew what QAC meant, you would have realized why I pointed it out
    So it means something?! I thought you'd turned into a dyslexic duck.

When I lose my desire to do anything, I tend to take a complete break - going somewhere else entirely is usually good. There's nothing better than travelling to refocus your thoughts, particularly if you go to somewhere very different to home. I even get back desires that I didn't have in the first place... like using a proper toilet.

As for EoFF, I have brief flurries of activity. I think people just move on. It's not a bad thing, I guess it just comes from having a more rounded life - you probably don't feel that you need it anymore. I'm the same, and it's quite a good feeling to just dip in and dip out as and when I feel like it.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No, other than leaving in a K, a C, and an F, and leaving out Q and A.

Bitch slap my mom and tell her to give me back my computer
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Blog Entries

Tavrobel: nobody knows what QAC means

Evastio: disregard females, acquire currency

there was a picture here

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tavern Belle View Post
    Thank you Captain Obvious, but I think I made that apparent enough by saying [stuff]
    Yeah, and if you knew what QAC meant, you would have realized why I pointed it out, despite you saying something.

But since it's not instantly and plainly obvious for the likes of your frail little mind that I could think ahead of you, decide to ignore you anyways, and then show you up for the ignorant person that you are, I shall explain, in the most basic terms, why I lined up my post like I did.

QAC means "question answered; closed." That means that whatever inquiry the original poster/thread creator decided to make, the question has been sufficiently responded to by the general populace. Additionally, it may be used when the thread has no topic or is generally against forum rules; in this case, it is meant with sarcasm. You have already stated the realization that you have not posted in a long time, and yet you decided to create the thread in the first place, suspecting that the Staff would close it. The funny part is, is that "Staff" may also refer to "Site Staff" since you decided to also include the need to reference CKs as a separate entity.

Unfortunately, we do not close threads outside of SV and the Fortress of Solitude. As such, QAC, should be the last thing which should be posted in a closed thread with an answer. However, I responded to your inquiry after posting QAC. Clearly, I would not have closed the thread if I were on Forum Staff, and found a legitimate topic to answer to, even though I had "closed" the thread.

I wonder, do you really not think before you post something that tries to be insulting, or do you just think that no one will make fun of you for it?
    Tav: Do NOT be a mod whore. This post was totally uncalled for and rude. Just because you have the word STAFF in your title does not give you permission to make such a post. If you have a problem with a member, use the warn button. And when you feel the need to insult someone again...just don't.

The funny part is, is that "Staff" may also refer to "Site Staff" since you decided to also include the need to reference CKs as a separate entity.
    No, it may not refer to Site Staff at all.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles