Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where'd All My Passion Go?

Default Where'd All My Passion Go?

It's been a while since I've last been on EoFF. It's not only because of my busy real life, but it's also because I've seem to have lost my "desire" to be here. Yeah, I've been keeping up to date with all the news on EoFF, like me winning the most serious member Ciddie (about time one was invented) and Laddy stealing my weirdest member Ciddie, which I don't care about much for some reason anymore, like I would in the past. (realizes that EoFFers will just think of me as selfish since I'm only talking about news involving me.) Well, I also know about oddler's marriage and Micheal Jackson's death (okay, maybe the latter piece of news isn't really EoFF related).

Currently, I feel really weird. I feel like I'm De-Evastioizing. Well, what I mean by that is I'm losing all of my "defining" personality traits like my "too lazy to let it go" personality, as well as my tenseness and ardence. I guess it's a good thing in some ways since I won't be getting angry as much, or be feeling as stressed out all the time. At the same time though, I want to retain those traits because I feel like I need them, because without them I'll become like everyone else (I hope no one takes offense at me saying that) and I'll no longer feel unique. Without my passion I'll probably no longer be chasing buses anymore thinking I'll be able to reach them and get to my destination early/on time (which is really bad since not only will I be late more often, but I'll also lose my only source of excercise. Yeah, laugh at that all you want. I even make jokes about it myself so it won't offend me). I don't really know how to get back my drive though...

(realizes Staff and CKs are eyeing this thread right now ready to close it at any second, uh, no offense Staff and CKs)

So my topic is, what do you EoFFers do to get back your drive, or your desire to do things?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I usually just smoke some crack.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's OK to take a break every once in a while from things.

I like to listen to music that's energetic. I makes me hyper and then I go YEAH lets do this thingy then I get it done and eat a cookie.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I don't do things I'm powerfully afraid that Matron will give my bottom a sound thrashing

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Learning to let go is a sign of puberty ending. I learned that from HARRY POTTER.

I get into serious depression funks if I don't keep myself constantly busy/learning/researching new things. In the past month, I've gone through an obsession with fish and creating an aquarium, an obession with puppies and learning how to care for one for next year when I buy one, an obsession with Vladimir Nabokov and his family, and obsession with finding perfect shades of red lipstick, an obsession with working out, and an obession with finding bars and lounges in southeast England.

Maybe you're just reinventing yourself? Maybe you're just going through a period of changing perspectives? No matter what the deal is, you can never de-Evastio-lize. You'll always Evastio and that's unique in itself!

We tend to fall in to ( or place ourselves in ) social positions in communities or relationships and we begin to associate OURSELVES as that role but you can never not be you, no matter what changes. 'Silly'. 'Serious.' Whatever title you used to hold....

While my ex-fiance and myself were together, we were affectionately reffered to as Styles ( Stephie + Myles ). When we broke up I had to learn that I was never Styles. I was always Stephie and even single and doing different things and talking to new people... eh. I'm still Stephie.

Keep your chin up! You'll figure it out. I'll figure it out. Change is a learning experience so value what you get out of every second.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I just motivate myself through the power of DESTRUCITY!

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009...rior-1/?cp=all

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This thread is a poorly and thinly veiled attempt at "I'm back."

QAC

I'm past the point where I do stuff only if I want to. I've come to the sad realization that sux and that to get things done, you'll have to do it even when you don't want to. Suffice it to say, I do stuff when other people tell me to.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Tav you are ready to get married!

Meh... Passion burns out, you need to recharge it every once in a while. Is ok to have a down period
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Tav you are ready to get married!
    If you find me a pretty girl, I'll provide my own burlap sack and razor wire. We'll have to split the cost of the shotgun.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I work some engineering problems.

Jk. You don't have to stay passionate about the same things your whole life. Try things out

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    I feel like I'm De-Evastioizing.
    You can wordify anything if you just verb it.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    [B]It's OK to take a break every once in a while from things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    ...sux and... to get things done, you'll have to do it even when you don't want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Yes, yes, and yes. Sometimes I like to cool down and not worry about what I "need" to do and sometimes I know that I really don't have a choice and that's it's better for me and everyone else to suck it up and get it done. And then sometimes I like to destroy machines by assuming the role of a jetpack-donning dinomutant. (Doing something totally unrelated until I miss what I was doing or get excited about it again.)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Aw...you can share my Ciddie, Evastio... =)

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet View Post
    I usually just smoke some crack.
    Yeah, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    This thread is a poorly and thinly veiled attempt at "I'm back."
    Ah, the truth is unveiled.

Summery of my thoughts? Do because you feel like it, but dun cry about it.