Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! BOYCOTT THOSE VALVE BASTARDS!!

3 15.00%
  • No... Y'all are overreacting...

17 85.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left 4 Dead 2... BOYCOTT!?

no they're boycotting it not because it wasn't free but because they were lied to about support for the first one... i don't even like games like L4D and i can easily see why they're mad, if a game i liked came out with promises of a lot of extended support and only got 1 extra game mode added within a year i'd be mad too and cease supporting it's sequal...

Wtf are you talking about? There is a new update like every other day!!! They're always fixing in that game!!!
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh god whatever you do, don't boycott racism (first thing that came to my head) or anything worthwhile. Go ahead and boycott a video game that you aren't obligated to buy. Oh, I'm sorry, what? You got shafted? Cry me a smurfing river!

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Oh god whatever you do, don't boycott racism (first thing that came to my head) or anything worthwhile. Go ahead and boycott a video game that you aren't obligated to buy. Oh, I'm sorry, what? You got shafted? Cry me a smurfing river!

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life.
    Uh, this is sort of exactly how capitalism is supposed to work. If you don't like something then don't buy it. The fact that they're being noisy and stuff just shows that Valve aren't living up to their brand image.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

It really is annoying how whiny and obnoxious gamers can be. What's the absolute worst about the boycotters is that they feel as if the release of L4D2 is an attack on them. Valve, a business, is releasing a sequel to a hit game and are simultaneously taking a collective dump on the 1% (last time I checked the number of boycotters, it was 25,000, but that was a week or two ago) of the original fanbase that cares enough to complain. It's as if in their inflated egos, they believe that because they bought and played the game religiously, Valve is indebted to them; that Valve has obligations to them.

They remind me of kids who do chores because they think that this obligates their parents, who clothe and feed them, to give them some sort of compensation for it.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Yeah, I only do chores because my mom wont stop bitching until I do :goofy:

This might be a whole other argument altogether, but Inside: a shocking, banned Left 4 Dead 2 image! L@@K! - Ars Technica
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

My mom STILL threatens to take away my toys if I don't do my chores. It's not fair! I earned my toys on Christmas!
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Default "Every little 'ting, is gonna be alright..."

Well, I think that the only major difference between the two games is the use of melee weapons. Personally, I love the original L4D, but I'm willing to see what they furnish the new installment with, and then deciding whether or not its worth me time.
    "They said that I would never be as they were... what they should have said is that they were not ready to be as I am...'

Valve already made a statement saying L4D 2 wont be boycotted, despite the recent hate it's still majorly anticipated (It seems the fanbase is unaware that my god there actually ARE other fanbases of L4D out there).

Left 4 Dead 2 is happening no matter what.

/Thread

L4D is an awesome game when it comes to multiplayer but single player it lacks a little. However L4D2 is being brought out with many new features, such as full on melee combat, deeper co-operative play and also new weapons such as the frying pan, baseball bat, axe and CHAINSAW!!!. There are also new bosses, enemies and items. The versus and campaigns have been detailed to make them better than the first.

One thing me and my friends would love to do in left 4 dead, is kill a tank with melee options.. Now we can!!! =P
    I'll figure it out later...