Thread: Character Spotlight: Sephiroth

Default Character Spotlight: Sephiroth

He has long silver hair and he carries long sword Masamune and he is also good villain. Or can villain be good villain if he does bad things?

Well his hobbies include playing with long sword, hanging out with his mother, listening gospel music and he also likes to impale people with his sword and summon big rocks.

So what do you like about Sephiroth? I have never been Sephiroth fan boy but he is alright villain. He actually seems like threat and has backstory.But series have better villains like Kefka but lets not turn this into another Kefka vs Sephiroth or actually Kefka fanboys vs Sephiroth fanboys.

Wow, on the Kefka front, I just got an idea of Kefka with all his godly powers being enhanced by Jenova cells, and that is scary. Let us hope those two never team up.

Anyway, I liked Sephiroth. I feel somewhat sorry that he never found out the truth about where he came from. The game might have been very different if he knew about Lucrecia and what Jenova really was. I also really liked him in Crisis Core (at least, as far as I've gotten so far). Seeing him as the hero really helps to expand his character. The Kalm flashback did part of that, but not enough.

Maybe he's not the best villain out there (and neither was Kefka, so there), but he was a dang good one.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Sephiroth is one of my top 3 fav FF villains..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Wow, on the Kefka front, I just got an idea of Kefka with all his godly powers being enhanced by Jenova cells, and that is scary. Let us hope those two never team up.
    There's a Keferoth picture around somewhere on these forums, not sure where though, and I'm too lazy to bother looking for it.

Sephiroth is my no. 1 chracter in the FF universe.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

He's a Mama's boy.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Never cared much for him. He seemed pretty cold and impersonal even before he snapped. And then he has to go and kill my favorite character. And I don't care for the Sephiroth apologists' claim it was Jenova acting within him.

He is an effective villain in the sense that you love to hate him, but I prefer more sympathetic villains who do the wrong things but have at least some noble intentions.

The character design is great, matches his personality perfectly.

i remeber playing 7 as a kid and loving him and wanting to find out more, i guess he is the reason i have played all of them i have

Personally I like Genesis better

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa_Lockhart88 View Post
    Personally I like Genesis better
    Why would you like Genesis? He's just a Sephiroth wannabe. Literally...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Because almost everyone like Sephiroth, and I like to be different... And as a Final Fantasy Fangirl Genesis is hotter lol