Thread: Beach Painting

Default Beach Painting

I like doing the abstract-ish deal but I felt more mellow painting this. I think I had more fun doing the other style but it was nice trying something else.

Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> The perspective looks weird, maybe the horizon line is too high..
    The color transition between the water and sand is very nice..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I think it's very effectful. The colours are greatly harmonious without becoming dull, and the dark horizon pulls you in and makes the painting exciting. As for the pattern thing that seems to overlay the picture, is that something that you painted there, or is it just a photographic effect from the canvas texture? If it is indeed something that you painted there, which it looks like, I feel like it's largely unnecessary as I think the picture behind it is more than interesting and aesthetically pleasing enough on its own. I'd still like to see more "raw" paintings from you, that is without "special effects" or overlay patterns. Don't get me wrong, I think your patterned works are gorgeous and I want to see many more of them too, but I can definitely see an individual painting style of yours even without the patterns.

These are just opinions though, and I can't speak for what you feel like painting. I suppose my bottom line is simply that I like this painting a lot and I'd like to see more on that tangent.

Yeah. The horizon line killed me, Orb. =/ It's so off. I've been doing some perspective and composition studying. By the time I stepped back and looked at it, I had already done some of the grassy areas and went, "SHOOT," cause I really did like the effects there. Huff. It was my first time going at it so I'm not going to get too distressed over something like that. I'll just keep it in mind for the future. Thanks so much for being honest and commenting!

Ah. That weird looking stuff on top of the painting is just the fabric on the canvas being stupid with the lighting that was in the kitchen. :<
    I was so unsure of the colors at first. I'm naturally drawn to color ( the other paintings can testify I like loud values ) so it was hard to make it less extreme without losing my interest. I appreciate you letting me know that you thought it was still captivating enough in that aspect.

Thanks! I want to continue to do both for sure!
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

The Twilight Melody dragontamer's Avatar

Thats lovely! The pattern on it looks like a shell (even if it's unintentional) Is it oil paints on canvas?
    Please visit my DeviantART page! If you have an account, please leave comments on my work to help me improve my drawing! Thanks!

I think it's very pretty.
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Yeah, lovely painting you have there Fuza.

Str8 Pimpin'