Thread: Bestiary Help, perhaps hacking?

Default Bestiary Help, perhaps hacking?

Hey guys, new here.

So I'm trying to get 100% of anything I can in this game, including job mastery, blue spells, and bestiary.

But here's the problem. Currently, I'm at world 2.

----------------------------------------
    192. Octokraken

LV: 7
    HP: 60
    MP: 0
    Strength: 8
    Defense: 0
    Evasion: 0
    Magic: 0
    Magic Defense: 5

Gil: 45
    EXP: 21

Steal: Nothing
    Drop: Potion

Immune To: Nothing
    Weak Against: Nothing
    Absorbs: Nothing
    Type: Nothing
    Immunity: Mini

World one location: Torna Canal
    World two location: N/A
    World three location: N/A

O_____O

I missed him. Permanently. All the way back at Torna Canal.

So my question is, is there a way to hack the bestiary so that I can just add this one monster (using VisualBoy)? Or is there some other way of facing him?
    I really don't want to start all over again because of the insane amounts of ABP I accumulated training, and I don't want to automatically complete my bestiary either, as that takes the fun out.

Thanks.

I doubt you'd find a code specifically for this monster. You can either try to make one yourself, or wait until you complete it all except for him and then use the full Bestiary cheat. As for making your own code, I suppose it would depend on the capabilities of the emulator. Some have decent code-generation systems, but haven't looked at GBA ones, so I'm not sure.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Ah thanks.

Question though: What would the full bestiary cheat do? If it just adds one to every monster you haven't killed yet, then of course I could use it after I complete the rest. But, say it makes every enemy 999, then that would be stupid and obviously cheated.

As for the specific monster cheat, I've been digging through the memory viewer, which seems to have the ability to alter very low-level coding, so in theory if I knew what I was doing I could edit that. Is this even a good idea in the first place?

And, if I do want to create a cheat, how would I go about it, besides the technique I mentioned above?