Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opposite gender characters

Default Opposite gender characters

Sadly I cannot find the article pertaining to this subject as I read it a very long time ago. Nevertheless it touched on the subject that, according to a survey this news website had taken, bisexual players were most likely to prefer playing as characters of the opposite gender to themselves. My friend showed it to me because of that particular section of said article, though it was mainly about homophobia in gaming. But anyway...

I don't know how true this is, but I would consider myself proof of this; I tend to always prefer using the ladies in nearly every game I play!

Does anyone think this has any credibility? Do any of you like to use opposite gender characters a lot? Of those of you that do, do you happen to be bi?

And for the hell of it I'll list a few female characters I've enjoyed using in games as they come to mind...

Kitana (Mortal Kombat II... easiest character for me to win with once you learned her moves)
    Tifa (FF7... so broken if you grind her Limit Breaks early on)
    Li Mei (the last three MK games... well I liked her fighting style)
    Casey Lynch (Guitar Hero II and III)

Honourable mention: I always thought it would be cool to have a short sequence in one of the Metal Gear games where something bad happens to Snake and you have to play as Meryl to do something about it. Never happened though :/

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Ladies in action-fighting videogames are pretty awesome, they are always faster and a bit weaker than male characters..
    I use them a lot in games like Tenchu and Onimusha.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I found out way back in Ultima Online I'm more tolerable when I play a female characters. I like to play as Cassandra in Soul Calibur. And Shiki and Athena in SNK games.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I certainly like playing girls, and I'm bi.

I dunno though. I also like playing Austrailians because they throw around jars o' piss, and I'm not Australian.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I play male characters in fighters and games with a big cast of playable characters if I like them, but in MMOs or RPGs where you pick male or female, I always pick female. I think people are nicer to girls in MMOs anyway lol

I play as girls a lot, and I"m straight.

In SC III Tira was one of my favorites. I played as that Japanese chick in GH 3, and my second best character in Tekken is Christie.

Though overall I use guys more, I'm all up for the kick ass ladies.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I mostly play as my gender. I never really feel that there’s much excitement in playing the opposite gender, and only ever do it if I’m forced to do so. A good lady friend of mine plays as males if they’re good looking!! Pssh.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I very often always play as girls...
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

for me it usually depends on the game. in games where you can make multiple characters I usually balance males and females and have a male main. In the MMO's that are out again I have a male main and a female alt. In guitar hero ill play as the females though

Im not bi so my defence to playing females is If im going to put 60+ hours into a game why in the world would I want to stare at a guys butt the entire time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar on the Prowl View Post
    I dunno though. I also like playing Austrailians because they throw around jars o' piss, and I'm not Australian.
    Hahaha, what? :P

Quote Originally Posted by dodhungry View Post
    my defence to playing females is If im going to put 60+ hours into a game why in the world would I want to stare at a guys butt the entire time.......
    Yeah, it does annoy me when you play as a guy and his butt wiggles ¬_¬

in sc2 cassandra and sophita are pretty much useless. in 2 my best character is talim, in three i have to go with maxi.
    i hated how they changed the moves. yunsungs triple kick usually ringed out in sc2
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

I'm a female and always play female characters if I have the choice.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

If I'm playing with someone else I'll usually play a dude. 'Cause I'm a dude. As far as regular games by myself, it really depends on the game. If they offer a guy I can tolerate or I can make my own fairly well I'll probably use them. If not, I'm not going to settle. I used to play as females all the time, just for the eye candy

My brother uses females all the time hands down

I usually will with fighting games though. The speed and flexibility and stuff ... looks help too

Blog Entries

Though it depends on the game, I usually go for the girls as well.

In RPGs where you choose between characters with "premade" looks, I usually go for a girl. But in, for example, Baldur's gate (not the Dark Alliance ones) or Oblivion where you can make an entierly self-made character, I usually make a guy. Not always, but usually.

In fighting games, I almost always go for girls except in SC2 where I prefere Nightmare. In 3 and 4, I only go for custom character though and they tend to be girls.

In smash, it's all about the fighting style and my main in melee is Ganon while my main in Brawl is Ike. Marth is my second in both. So no chicks there.

In most regular 1P RPGs, I tend to priorize the hottest girls and the most interesting characters equally.

...yeah, so over all, I tend to go for girls more often I guess.

I tend to go for my own gender, female.
    I prefer the female character models, i find that more effort has gone into them usually and they look nicer.
    I will always play females when it comes to fighting games too, SF4 Cammys my girl