Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince-Film 6 *SPOILERS*

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    I read the book. I can't go wait to go and watch the movie. I wonder how much is cut from the book since the movie is approximately 2hrs and for sure they can't fit everything from the book into the movie in that time frame. Will be interesting to see.
    It's two and a half hours I think.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Ok im gonna give a proper review of it now but i can only do it in 2 parts. this is because i loved the film but im still annoyed about it too.

The film for the movie potter nuts

as a film it was the best so far. I loved the comedy in it and the acting; especially Dracos role. You could really see that he has an internal struggle going on and i loved the fact that he is scared and determined at the same time. In all respect, Draco was the best charector in the film. I liked the Quiditch in this one too! It was more fun to watch and didn't feel so crummy! Dumbledore did a fantastic job in some of his scenes and so did harry. In fact the Felix felisis scene was the funnest thing i have seen from Harrys character. I was in stitches as he was hilarious! The great thing about it was that it stuck to the book quite a bit, there were lines in the film that didn't change what so ever and that thrilled me! the film as a hole was fantastic and is by far the best in the series....

BUT...

the film on the Novel lovers!

As Half blood prince is one of my favorites in the series, i was really looking forward to see this on screen. Now i loved the film but i have major issues on a lot of what they left out and threw in.

(SPOILER)First of all was Ginny/Harry's relationship. It was completely non existent. they didn't even seem to actually want to be with each other. It felt like there only going along for the ride or there just to damn horny and they were the only logical choice. when they had there big kiss, it was so cold and bland that it felt like no big deal! theirs no mention what so ever that they were even going out! Harry and cho had a better relationship then them in OOTP and in the books cho and Harry weren't even really a couple! they just argued a bit. to viewers that have never read the books will be completely confused that they even were a couple because nothing is said! Oh well Hermione tells harry rons ok with it in the final 5 minutes in the film and he doesn't even say anything about it. Like it's not even important which we all know it is.

what the hell happened to the character explanation?? fenrir wasn't even explained as a werewolf he just randomly appears in the film as a lacky! Oh you know he's a bad guy that looks a bit furry but that's it! Kreature and dobby are yet again not here, which is making me think that the frikin screen writers are elfist! Lavender......oh my god. seriously..why did they take it that far. she was funny..to the point of annoyances, but why make her that annoying! she was doing her job just fine, but it's as if the director decided that the elfs, fenrir, even bill and fleur can all be left our of this film, just so we know that ron has a highly annoying girlfriend. cheers...thanks. remus and Tonks are apparently already in there relationship, but unless you have read the books and is willing to catch "Whats wrong sweetie" in the film, then you wouldn't know. There is no explanation that they are together or even why they are there. there's no percy or scrimgeour; which is ok but still, scrimgeour set up harrys dislike and rebellion to the ministry, but there's still time to fix that with DH.

dumbledores pain scenes were amazing but they could have held it just a bit longer. He did a great job doing that but he was way to strong by the time he got to the tower.he didn't appear to be weak at all which made the scene with him and draco pretty wrong footed. Harrys just under the floor being a coward and watching the whole thing, the snape wanders along and says shhh then wanders to dumbledore. again he is to strong to say severus, please. but i have to admit, alan rickman did a fantastic job with snape. He never faltered from snapes feelings in the books. maybe a bit more emotion showing but fantastic. but that leads me to the chase!

the death was perfect by the way it made me gasp!

why are they just strolling along hogwarts like they need to find the bathroom or something? Belletrix is just skipping along randomly destroying things, as you do when your wandering around a castle. snape and draco again still in character like we would expect but wheres the damn fight?? The princes flight was one of the best parts as the action made you adrenaline pump when reading it, but this was just a wander. no excitement! no one even cares apart from harry. Snape does attack harry back like in the films but all he says is "i am the half blood prince" then wanders off. So yeah....umm thanks for letting me know.

I have so much more to complain about but i'll leave it there for now and update later.

Blog Entries

I always though house elves and S.P.E.W was an important part of Hermione's characterisation and the lack of these makes her abit two dimentional (one dimentional is abit of a stretch)

(SPOILER)I agree with the lack of the final battle too, What was the point of putting in the random battle at the Burrow if you were just going to take out the battle at the end
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 07-17-2009 at 09:08 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I think this film is definetly the best so far, key moments of the rather long that are completely relevant. Splendid editing sequences (my favorite being (SPOILER)The scene once Molly's house is set on fire). OH! and the special effects were absolutely beautiful to marvel at.

The only part I can I didn't like acting wise, was Ron's lack of reaction to the (SPOILER)the fact Harry didn't actually slip him the potion....

Helena Bonham Carter played her role with perfection.
    The best acting from Emma Watson since HPatPoA, she's really improved... I found she wasn't uneedingly "Intense" all the time, unlike all of the other films ('cept for many parts of Azk' which she pulled off rather well).
    Evanna Lynch: her voice, expression(s) and look suits Luna Lovegood's character very well.
    Tom Felton should get some form of award, Draco's Determination/Fear was completely believable.
    Alan Rickman gets more amazing with each film, I was blown away in this one.
    Jessie Cave... was hilarious, and her sheer coviction/overemotion to (SPOILER)getting together Ron was just as I had imagined.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    The only part I can I didn't like acting wise, was Ron's lack of reaction to the (SPOILER)the fact Harry didn't actually slip him the potion....
    (SPOILER)I was under the impression that they just never told him about the potion in the movie.

Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    (SPOILER)I was under the impression that they just never told him about the potion in the movie.

i dont think he did.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Hrm.

D;

So after that whole scene in the ... with the table... and Luna Lovegood cosplaying a Lion :{... Ron just had his ears off?

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)No I mean he didnt know that harry was faking the potion. He was left thinking he had taken it

Also I feel the ending of the last movie was a disapointment as well. The fountain of magical brethren coming to life was one of the things I was really looking foward to seeing and it didnt happen.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 07-17-2009 at 12:29 PM.
    Have a nice day!!

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Poor Dumbledore, although I didn't really care when this one died. If it had been the original I'd have been more upset, I really enjoyed his acting.

(SPOILER)Hermoine is such a whore

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    (SPOILER)I agree with the lack of the final battle too, What was the point of putting in the random battle at the Burrow if you were just going to take out the battle at the end
    Ooh! I can answer this one: because they're big idiots. Seriously. This is the stuff I can't stand.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought this one was the best of all, except for perhaps the first. If just consider by itself, apart from the book, I'd have loved it. I have a few gripes with it not follow key scenes, both for the sake of the plot and because I enjoyed them -(SPOILER)The HBP was my favorite book of the series, because I love the scenes about Voldemort's childhood and his mother and grandfather, which were mostly cut out - but over all, I liked it.

However, (SPOILER)I hated the random battle.

Also, Malfoy on the brink was played fantastically. He's gotten to be an extremely hot actor, I love the suit on him.

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed this movie, actually. Sure, they left a few parts, but no movie can be perfect. And Harry on the Felix Felicis was hilarious. It even made my dad laugh.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Ooh! I can answer this one: because they're big idiots. Seriously. This is the stuff I can't stand.
    Just like I had said, if you can't make keep your audience's attention without putting in an irrelevant action scene then you're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellious Eagle View Post
    I really enjoyed this movie, actually. Sure, they left a few parts, but no movie can be perfect.
    I wholly disagree on that. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder, so it is possible for something to be perfect in the eyes of that person, but the problems with these films is that they can't be seen as perfect in the eyes of any of the core HP fans.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Best Part: (SPOILER)Harry's ridiculousness with the Felix Felicis. He said, "I'm going to Hagrid's," exactly like I imagined it in the book.

Worst Part: (SPOILER)Retarded Burrow battle was retarded.

They shouldn't have left out the funeral. They should have had everyone they left out appear at the funeral and cry n stuff to show the impact of Dumbledore's death.