Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince-Film 6 *SPOILERS*

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellious Eagle View Post
    How can there be (SPOILER)a burial for a freaking overgrown spider that no one but Hagrid liked but (SPOILER)no funeral for Dumbledore ? Pretty lame on Yates's part. :<
    The movie probably isn't going to be as good as the 3rd or 4th because the same director who did OoTP directed this one. Bleh.
    Yep it's already smurfed up. Thanks for warning me, but I knew it was going to be some crap like that anyways.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would go tonight to see it, but it's too long and I'd fall asleep.

I'm gonna see it tomorrow afternoon. I might go buy the tickets right now, to be sure I won't be sold out. I might cry if that happens. Thank god it came out on the one weekday that I have off from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellious Eagle View Post
    How can there be (SPOILER)a burial for a freaking overgrown spider that no one but Hagrid liked but (SPOILER)no funeral for Dumbledore ? Pretty lame on Yates's part. :<
    The movie probably isn't going to be as good as the 3rd or 4th because the same director who did OoTP directed this one. Bleh.
    Because Dumbledore was gay and gay people don't get the right to have a funeral.

Alternatively, maybe they are saving it for Deathly Hollows because that would make a little bit of sense regardless of what book it was in.

Maybe they'll pull the same thing LotR did with the giant spider.

\BUNNY CAN YOU TAG THE SPOILERS PLEASE!!!! SOME PEOPLE HAVENT READ THE BOOKS!!

that was pretty good. awesome that I had to drive so far to see it because everywhere was sold out and now I am just getting home at 4 am.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

(SPOILER)Not bothering with spoiler tags. If you don't want to be spoiled, why the hell are you in a thread marked with a warning?

I did not feel that anything that they changed has been quite so awful as some of the mistakes they made in previous movies, and they've already started moving towards correcting some of those mistakes, for example Slughorn introducing us to Regulus Black.

I agree with Bunny's explanation for the funeral. They can just as easily put that at the beginning of the next movie (and given that Harry has yet to tell Ginny to stay away, I imagine they may do just that).

Ultimately, I think this was by far the most successful adaptation by far. It was enjoying to watch, and at least this time I haven't left the theater mumbling about all the reasons they've just smurfed themselves.

YOU'RE BOTHERING WITH SPOILER TAGS NOW, HOMEBOY. ~Shlup

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    (SPOILER)Not bothering with spoiler tags. If you don't want to be spoiled, why the hell are you in a thread marked with a warning?

I did not feel that anything that they changed has been quite so awful as some of the mistakes they made in previous movies, and they've already started moving towards correcting some of those mistakes, for example Slughorn introducing us to Regulus Black.

I agree with Bunny's explanation for the funeral. They can just as easily put that at the beginning of the next movie (and given that Harry has yet to tell Ginny to stay away, I imagine they may do just that).

Ultimately, I think this was by far the most successful adaptation by far. It was enjoying to watch, and at least this time I haven't left the theater mumbling about all the reasons they've just smurfed themselves.

YOU'RE BOTHERING WITH SPOILER TAGS NOW, HOMEBOY. ~Shlup
    I tend to agree with all of this. I thought this was the best adaptation thus far.

But seriously, the person next to me very apparently did not know that... it happened. She put her hand over her mouth to avoid screaming. It was obvious that she somehow never knew. I don't know how that's even possible!

I watch the movies as individual ones now. With four directors, the series is not going to flow perfectly, and you're not going to cover everything. I would abhor seven adaptations like CoS, word-for-word re-tellings of the books. I'm fine with them changing stuff.

i only asked because there might be some people that haven't read the book but wanted to discuss the film that's all.

I haven't been able to see the film yet. went earlier but it was sold out. I'm going tomorrow instead.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Gonna go see it in an hour two weeks! Hopefully it's not sold out o:
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 07-16-2009 at 01:22 AM.

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

I think the movie was awesome I saw the first screening yesterday morning. I thought it was very funny and quite good for a build up movie. It was wierd at the3 end though... The two people in front of me starting clapping, then about five more people behind me starting clapping. Everyone else just laughed, I was like "wtf?"

Blog Entries

There was a scene in the great hall where you could see a Slytherin student and a Griffindor student having a friendly chat and even somewhat sharing food, I felt like I was going to explode then. The scene where (SPOILER)the burrow burnt down wasnt necessary and Belatrix did abit too much jumping about towards the end, and Dumbledore isnt the cheerful character as he is in the books (But that was the case with every movie) so there wasnt as much emotional impact when (SPOILER)he was killed. Shame the Dursley's didnt show up, theyre always good for a laugh.

Other than that I found the movie reasonable. Hermione isnt blonde anymore atleast.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Its as a very good film! would recommend it but it doesn't follow the book completely!.

I read the book. I can't go wait to go and watch the movie. I wonder how much is cut from the book since the movie is approximately 2hrs and for sure they can't fit everything from the book into the movie in that time frame. Will be interesting to see.