Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man charged $23 quadrillion for a packet of cigarettes

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I bought some $15 headphones today, but there was a barcode scanning glitch and the price originally read as around $4000. Droll.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    I live in Norway, I get ripped off on a daily basis.
    Haha, true! xD

I heard that Norway and Japan are the most expensive countries in the world.

I also heard somewhere that every December is tax free in Norway?

I was walking past this really posh jewellery shop today and their prices are more than anyone who lives here can actually afford., like a necklace in the window was about £17,000. Thing is, it all looks like cheap crap. smurfing rip-offs.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Um... went to a used game store the other day and found Final Fantasy VII buried somewhere. There was no price on it, so I brought it to the counter. I put it back when I found out I was told to drop 300$ for it...

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    Oh, didn't know that wasn't common elsewhere. The tax is cut in half actually, so we can spend more on christmas presents. Just another way for that evil state of ours to claw the money in. I keep forgetting about it each december and then I'm like woah when I get my paycheck. It's quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus_rox View Post
    Um... went to a used game store the other day and found Final Fantasy VII buried somewhere. There was no price on it, so I brought it to the counter. I put it back when I found out I was told to drop 300$ for it...

LOL, I have VII and VII on PC but they haven't been touched in ages..namely cause my laptop doesn't support games :P

Sucks to be me cause I really have the urge to play them again!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    Oh, didn't know that wasn't common elsewhere. The tax is cut in half actually, so we can spend more on christmas presents. Just another way for that evil state of ours to claw the money in. I keep forgetting about it each december and then I'm like woah when I get my paycheck. It's quite fun.
    Well, I'm here to tell you that it's not common elsewhere. At least not in Denmark, m'dear Lev

Also, as if Norway doesn't make enough money as it is.. they just have to find new ways to earn some more money.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Because I am retarded I bought Empire: Total War when it was new. This is retarded for two reasons. First, TW games need patches and often mods to be fixed. Second, the price was extortionate (£40) and waiting a few weeks even would have cut that by 1/4.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

While in NYC on a band trip, my group stopped at I think it was a Greek? restaurant where the food was ungodly expensive, and our chaperon offered to buy us lunch. So I ordered Grilled Cheese, assuming it'd be safe. I don't know what the smurf kind of cheese they used but it tasted like , so she got a refund for my order.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I was walking past this really posh jewellery shop today and their prices are more than anyone who lives here can actually afford., like a necklace in the window was about £17,000. Thing is, it all looks like cheap crap. smurfing rip-offs.
    I know what you mean.

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

I paid for a full years tv license and got 11 months because it turns out I did it at the wrong time of the month...I was really annoyed at that. I also just moved into a flat and for the first week the estate agents had lost the keys but I still paid the rent for that week. Neither of these two companies have responded to my claims for reimbursement I've had a lot of companies trying to rip me off recently. I need to talk to the council tax people because they're trying to get me to pay council tax for the months I wasn't even living in the flat...not happy.

Hopefully my luck will turn around and people will stop trying to steal my money

Smile and Be happy