Thread: How much time will it take?

Default How much time will it take?

I have a question regarding how much time it takes to max out all the characters attributes by morphing enemies to sources?
    I am sure someone here has done it.

I am that kind of person that want everything perfect when i play a game, get all the stuff max out everybodys level etc. The problem I always find my self dealing with is " how much is enough ? " Sometimes there are things you can do that takes much time and that gives me another problem " should i do this for everybody or just the 3 man party ? "

Thanks

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

For the time it takes, I'd recommend not maxing out anyone's stats, actually. The game is easy enough as it is, and making numbers go up on a menu screen doesn't even provide the visceral thrill of triggering massively overpowered Materia combinations.

it's been a while since i tried it but doesn't the W-Item trick work on the sources?.. if it works no time at all, if not i remember taking months to collect all the sources i needed to max out all the stats of all the characters, i learned how to play the game half concious while grinding the Gelnika for souces, Yuffie + Conformer + Morph Materia = mass ammounts of sources...

Blog Entries

Default Cloud, Yuffie, Cid, and Barret. Those are all 255.

Well I attempted this and yes I clocked out at 99:59. I could play half asleep and not watching. I have to say it took about 400 hours to get everyones speed & luck to 255, then 255 on all stats for 4 characters. Its long, boring and will take more then one copy of disk 3.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Can't you use W-item to get a ton of sources?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Sources can not be used in battle, so no.

The best way to get sources is to use Yuffie with the Conformer, because the conformer for some reason does full damage with Morph. The Elephant Tank in the area right next to the Gongaga will give you Power Sources, and I'm quite sure every other Source can be found in the Sunken Gelinka. A good way to do this automatically is to set up Yuffie with some Sneak Attacks paired with Morph, as shown in this youtube video...

YouTube - Final Fantasy VII - Simple Stat Maxing Strategy

I once saw something about allowing sources to be able to be used in battle through the use of a game shark like code program and he did dupe them, but I wouldn't know where to look for it now. That's why it only took like 15 min to max all my chars, though : )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    I once saw something about allowing sources to be able to be used in battle through the use of a game shark like code program and he did dupe them, but I wouldn't know where to look for it now. That's why it only took like 15 min to max all my chars, though : )
    But if you do that, Why not just max your stats with the gameshark, and not worry about sources?

Wow, I did not think of that... /facepalm

Or hack the number of sources directly and skip the W-Item use.

As long as you're going to cheat, there are easier ways to do it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Okay! Thanks for the replies.

Ill have to think about this one. I am going to max out clouds stats first, that is for sure. And if I feel it took me to long time i will forget about the rest.

I did this and got 3 characters to max stats 255.

It took a LONG time.

All sources are best done in the sunken Gelnika (gelinka) because they can be done at once.

Power sources arebest found (yeah I was sad enough to calculate averages when I was much younger) fighting that tank in the jungle area before the meltdown reactor in Gongaga.

Guard sources are best found near Mideel with that spiral thing enemy

Now I am older....I realise the problem doesn't lie with us, it lies with the designers who delib make it too long to level up. When I mod the game and make it harder by changing enemy stats and HP and moves; I will also reduce the time it takes by much less....

A game should be difficult without the grinding to a ridiculous level. There are plenty of ways of cheating with any game though

Articles
    Blog Entries

About duplicating sources with W-Item:

Make sure you don't have the source in your inventory.
    Have only 1 Potion (or any other usable item) in your first slot (or any other slot, as long as there aren't any "item holes" between the first item and the one you only have once).
    Equip W-Item and Morph to different characters.
    Order your character (probably Yuffie) to morph the enemy - there must be enemies remaining so you may duplicate the source - and while the animation is running, quickly use the 1 potion on any character.
    When the enemy is successfully morphed, The slot where the potion was should now be containing the source.
    Now continue the trick like normal - take a different item and push Circle, X, Circle, X (or Confirm, Abort, Confirm, Abort for PC). The source is getting duplicated.

Now you can ask yourself what is "better":
    1. Wait hours for Yuffie to morph X enemies. (honest way)
    2. Betray the game a little and use W-Item. (fast way)