Thread: Bad news, everyone!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah it's pretty dumb, but it's odd for a show to come back after being gone this long anyway. You can't expect it to be exactly the same. I'll probably still check it out, and if it sucks, move on.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

do the voice actors have a bunch of other work keeping them busy? seems like they will cave to less than $75,000 an episode if they want work, which I'm assuming they do.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

Well most of them have done or still do stand up comedy and/or work on other shows, and Katey Sagel is on Sons of Anarchy so I'm assuming they all have at least some cash.
    derp

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not happy about the voice changes but I'll still check out the show to see how I feel about the new season.

*sigh*
    i might still watch it if it pops up on tv but this usally means the death of a series ,R.I.P good Futurama i will miss thy

Blog Entries

in the first new epsd. they should put every one important thats getting a voice change in some horrible space gas accedint that changes their voice. then it will make sense

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Pope View Post
    Also, Billy West wasn't always Ren, the creator, John Kricfalusi used to be and you never noticed the change, which shows that it's not impossible to switch voice actors smoothly.
    I tried to come up with a clever quip for this, I really did. But all I got was "I Can't Believe It's Not Ren." I'm sorry

I'm severely disappointed in Billy West, John DiMaggio and Katey Sagal. I too was under the impression that they loved the show. All the commentaries where they said their characters were alive, fully fleshed out characters, and then they do this... it's like... it's like putting your child up for adoption for money, it's just sickening.

I'll give whoever they get a shot (a shot. One episode) before I give up on the show.

If Calculon's wedding the Futurama comeback doesn't go just right, I'll be emotionally and electrically drained.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

Well nothing's set in stone yet. They're supposed to appear somewhere to talk about the issue, so this could be all an elaborate hoax, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Jah hopes this is the case, or Jah will not be pleased as Jah will have nothing to watch while Jah smokes Jah's herb.
    derp

There was to be a Futurama panel at Comic-Con earlier today, but G4 doesn't work on my television so I don't know if it were shown or not. I've been curious about what they were planning to announce, hopefully a negotiation with the voice actors or something.

Anyone know?

Rye made this!

Except for Leela, who wasn't a cartoony voice, the others should be easy enough to imitate. Look at Zoidberg, get a guy who does a good Jew impression or a real Jew and boom. I wish they would've at least kept Bender if nobody else.
    not good enough, i dont want imitations, i want the real thing! i will not waste my time, the series ended with "the devil's hands are idle playthings" and thats that.
    She looks so pretty in her casket, I'm in love with a corpse!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Darkswordofchaos View Post
    in the first new epsd. they should put every one important thats getting a voice change in some horrible space gas accedint that changes their voice. then it will make sense
    It wouldn't surprise me if they actually did that xD

Had this been about 2 years ago when Futurama was still cool I probably would've raged.

Meh.

i dont know, i dont see futurama as a fad. its kinda timeless to me. unless they bone it all up...
    She looks so pretty in her casket, I'm in love with a corpse!

YAY!