Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Penelo

Thumbs up Penelo

Hi all, I've been playing this game a fair bit lately and have to say its an awesome game, so good it took me away from finishing FF10.

Anyways to the point of this topic... Penelo! Is it just me or does Penelo sound like a really nice name, I really like it. She seems like a very nice character, reminds me of a caring sister or friend.

Discuss how you feel about Penelo.
    (how ever note I havn't finished the game yet, I'm about half way through)

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually like Penelo, I feel she gets a lot of crap from people cause they feel she's pointless in the story. I felt she represented the ideal that Archades could mend their relationship with other countries through the next generation. A subject that Ashe and Basch actually touch upon. Its her relationship with Larsa and her ability to pull Vaan in that makes her a wonder in the game. I love her quickenings.

She is a bit obnoxious in RW as she plays "mother hen" to your party but she' more balanced in TA2.

Mostly, I love Penelo cause she wasn't the stereotypical "hyperactive girl" which is probably my least favorite RPG cliche that FF insists on keeping...

i like penelo, and i think the name penelo is adorable. shes really happy and her conversations with vaan are really enjoyable haha. though i like her as a person i unfortunatley dont use her in battle, sometimes but rarely. its nice to have her in your party and its nice to see her in cutscenes but i just dont know, im having a hard time using her in combat. mostly use balthier, ashe and vaan/basch.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

"Penelo" reminds me of Punchinello. It's kind of distracting, really.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was ambivalent until she single handedly won the cluckatrice hunt battle. Sooooooo

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Penelo was the reason I played it as far as I did.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I like her, but she is always just kind of there. She is handy in battle, she keeps everyone in Bubble and Haste. I could use anyone else for that, but I taught them to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Mostly, I love Penelo cause she wasn't the stereotypical "hyperactive girl" which is probably my least favorite RPG cliche that FF insists on keeping...
    Yeah, thats true, she seemed quite normal which was nice, compared to those "cute hyperactive girls" Rikku from X/X-2 comes to mind, I never really liked her or saw much point in her...

Quote Originally Posted by monken View Post
    shes really happy and her conversations with vaan are really enjoyable haha. though i like her as a person i unfortunatley dont use her in battle, sometimes but rarely. im having a hard time using her in combat. mostly use balthier, ashe and vaan/basch.
    She does appear quite happy, the cheery/optimistic person in the group. I think that and how she talks with Vaan is believeable i can imagine people like that and its kind of sweet.
    I like using her in battle she is my main healer, but also can attack well with a pole. My prefered party is usually Ashe, Penelo and either of Baltheir or Basch.

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah I'd have to say I like Penelo. She sorta encapsulates what a good friends should be. Even though she is obviously scared by whats going on around her but because she is Vaan's friend she'll follow him to the edge of the world & back again! She reminded me of Selphie from FFVIII a bit sometimes too.

I like Penelo, she gets very hot in the end, i wish she had looked like that the whole way thru. I do love her quickenings but i rarely use her in battle.
    I figured Penelo was just short for Penelope, which made me wonder if Fran was short for Francesca and how that is quite an un-veirary name, Surely it should have been "Frjn"? but i guess she's an un-verirary type of gal.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Penelo, but she's never in my main party. Main party is always Vaan, Basch and Fran.

However, she does have adorable Quickenings, and I swear to God she gets them more often. I've had repeated Penelo Quickenings for about 4 or 5 times before getting another person. It's ridiculous. She literally saved my ass - TWICE - when I went up against the White Mousse at level 20 or something. I knew I couldn't win that battle by hitting him to death, simply because I was too low a level. But everyone had all their Quickenings by level 20ish, so the whole battle was "15+ Quickening Chain, ethers and elixirs and revives, 15+ Quickening Chain". It was...it was beautiful.

So yeah, to sum up. Although I find Penelo's character a little annoying (ohmigod stop whining), I like the fact that she's not as naive as normal FF gals, and since she saved my scrawny ass I've never thought of her as a less powerful character.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Lovely girl, the only character I like with pig-tails. Much better than that cow, oh whats her name? Oh ya, Ash.
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But Ashe is such a wonderful bitch :Eek: How can you not love her!!??

She's the female Vaan.

Vaan makes me want to punch babies.

Penelo makes me want to stuff some puppies in a bag, throw it around, then drown them until the last one stops squeeling in agony.

....Yeah I'm really not fond of Penelo.
    Last edited by Crimson; 08-05-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

Penelo was completely irrelevant to the story. I know FF12 had lackluster character development, but she might has well been an NPC and switched her for Reddas. At least he had a bit of a backstory, however faint.
    derp