Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 6 difficulty hard all of a sudden?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Relm - Relm is found in a cave on the Veldt iirc. There are four bandits inside the cave, and she is found in the back.
    Actually thats just the sequence you have to go through to activate the quest to find Relm. She is actually in Jidoor, In the big house at the back of town (The one with all the paintings), You have to examine one of the paintings (I forget which) and go through a dungeon and fight a boss at the end where you'll find relm.
    Relm only ends up with Owzer if you waited for Shadow on the Floating Continent. If you didn't wait for him, Relm will be in the cave where you'd otherwise find Shadow. (This actually led to an oversight in the SNES localization, where a line used when recovering the character in the cave mentions "her," even if it's Shadow.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Relm - Relm is found in a cave on the Veldt iirc. There are four bandits inside the cave, and she is found in the back.
    Actually thats just the sequence you have to go through to activate the quest to find Relm. She is actually in Jidoor, In the big house at the back of town (The one with all the paintings), You have to examine one of the paintings (I forget which) and go through a dungeon and fight a boss at the end where you'll find relm.
    Relm only ends up with Owzer if you waited for Shadow on the Floating Continent. If you didn't wait for him, Relm will be in the cave where you'd otherwise find Shadow. (This actually led to an oversight in the SNES localization, where a line used when recovering the character in the cave mentions "her," even if it's Shadow.)
    I think if you don't get Shadow, you find Relm in the cave , she goes to rest or something, when you come back she's gone to work for Owzer, like how you find Shadow in the cave, then later at the colliseum. That's how I've come to understand it, though I always leave Shadow alive, so... *shrugs*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    I think if you don't get Shadow, you find Relm in the cave , she goes to rest or something, when you come back she's gone to work for Owzer, like how you find Shadow in the cave, then later at the colliseum. That's how I've come to understand it, though I always leave Shadow alive, so... *shrugs*
    That is what happens. However I've never gone to see what happens if you go to Owzer's mansion before finding Relm in the cave.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

wow I'm weak, my strongest party is only lv 35, 36. the game HAS been gettin really heard. grinding will be a pain in this game, wheres the best place to grind?
    btw, is Leviathan ever beatable, he raped me with his tidal wave move with over 7000 damage

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Leviathan is easier if you get armor that absorbs water attacks. But you should level up more.

Blog Entries

The best place to grind is in the forest on the map north of the veldt shaped like a dragons head. The dragons there are strong but give alot of exp. Even better if you have the Growth Egg from Darril's tomb
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

be sure to save often when fighting in the dragon forest nuke mentions. even the Tyrannosaus can take you out unexpectedly, and the rare Brachiosaurs most likely will kill you.

And be sure to steal imp equipment from the dragons there too.

The ppl in the cave of the veldt told me about dinosaurs north of the veldt. I guess ill get started there. I need to do some grinding with my weak members to. where is the place where you get the exp egg, im gonna need that

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Daryl's tomb, where you get the airship.

right now I dont know where the heck I am . I wandered into doma castle and went to sleep there, now I'm in a dream world. I just beat the dream stooges which seem a lot like the magus sisters in ff4. now im back on the phantom train, dont know what im doing.

Blog Entries

I cant remember the exact directions in Daryls tomb for the exp but it's the room before the one which leads you into the pool with the turtle (As in the one where the water level falls and you can enter the pool to pull a switch)

What you do is go down the stairs into this room and then keep going right and walk through the wall.

The Dream world is really confusing, a walkthrough is advised because if you miss any treasures you cant go back
    Have a nice day!!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A little tip for leveling, if you visit the desert south of Maranda, you can fight Slagworms and Cactuars there. They both give 10 AP. Cactuars give no exp, and Slagworms give about 5000 (?, been awhile, but it's a pretty good amount). They're a nice alternative to the dragon forest, since the monsters are much easier to kill. Slagworms are vulnerable to Death if I'm not mistaken, and they're really weak to ice. Cactuars can be taken out with Tools, Blitz, Throw, even Sketch or anything else with 100% accuracy. I always go there when teaching spells to everyone.

Just be sure to avoid the left side of the desert, one of the spaces there has an extra boss you may not be ready for.

yea, i really need to read a walkthrough, right now im in the dream world with magitech armors and I'm going in circles. I did miss a chest though on the train, there was a chest blocking me from getting it and didnt know how the heck i get it.

thnx for the grind advice, now I know two areas i can grind at. and is one of the bosses in the desert a giant cactaur? I seen that boss fight on youtube

Blog Entries

In the magitech world instead of going in circles i think you're meant to go enter one of the caves and walk back out the way you came in
    Have a nice day!!

yea i finally got passed the dream world, i learned tons of magic from that place. now I wanna know where to grind. I can't find any good spots. btw I got the guy from the monster that sucks you up