Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 6 difficulty hard all of a sudden?

[eest]If you don't have anything nice to say, don't post.[/eest] - eestlinc

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Did you fight an Io when in the dream world? (They appear only in the segment with the Magiteck armor) They are one of Gau's best rages.

The best places for grinding vary on what you want to do. Magic grinding do on the Veldt if you want to avoid getting experience. It is best to do this while getting rages for Gau as that can take considerable time to get a specific enemy to appear. Everything after here is mark in a seperate spoiler.
    (SPOILER)
    You also get a very nice amount of AP in the fanatics tower (where you find Strago) but be warned that you should get either reflect rings for everyone and you can't do anything but cast magic. Finishing the tower gets you the soul of Thasma, which lets you use doublecast but also stops you from summoning espers. The Holy dragon is also there.

(SPOILER)There is a mountain NW of Kefka's tower. Locke and the Red Dragon are there, as well as a very useful esper.

(SPOILER)go under the sand in Figaro castle for another area where you can get Odin and if you want upgrade him to Raiden. The Blue dragon is also there.

(SPOILER)The opera house also has a dragon. The final two are in Kefkas tower.

(SPOILER)After beating the frozen esper, I can't spell it's name for my life, jump down to get another esper and character.

(SPOILER)There are three bosses that were added to get espers in the Advance version. Gigantaur to get cactuar in the Desert, Gilgamesh in the Collesium, and Leviathan ion the ferry. They are all difficult without prior planning and can and will cause a lot of pain very very rapidly. If you missed Mog's Water Rondo the Leviathan battle is the only chance to get it in the World of Ruin. He is beatable, you have to keep spamming curaga on everyone because he hits hard and fast with his multi target attacks. Hastega is also very useful.

I find it interesting that people actually have difficulty in the WoR, not only with difficulty, but with direction. Simply though, the game does give you directions. All the way til you get the airship, it's very linear, then after that it shows the pigeon that you should follow. Then by talking to people in towns, and typically after you get a new character, you are advised on places to go. So while the world is completely wide open, it does give advice on the order to do things.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

haha thats true, I just gave up wit the game after i had my ass handed to me by several bosses.

thnx for all the help guys, I'm all straightened up now, I've done everything I needed to do which is grind, beat all the bosses, and find the rest of the missing characters. I beat Gigantuar, deathgaze, red dragon, the dragon on the fanatics tower, magic master, and master tonberry. I'm only missing Leviathan. Beating the Fanatics Tower was a pain in the ass, Literally. I had to go up to the top, then walk back down. I started this topic when I was lv 32, now I'm lv 65 with all the magic learned with mostly everybody.

I'm just wondering what lv everyone should be when I'm going to the last place. Kefka's Tower.

btw, I'm playing this on a gba emulator on my psp
    Last edited by mattkd; 07-28-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Best levels are 45+. The thing that makes the last dungeon difficult is that you need to split your party into teams and they all have to fight multiple bosses through their sections. Thus you need to makes sure you make balanced parties or just over-level.

45 huh. I got everyone on at least lv 50 except gogo and umaro. everyone knows mostly every magic. I need help getting into the mountain north of thamasa. and I need help learning Gau's rages. I need an explanation for that, I don't understand how he learns em

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gau only learns his rages on the Veldt. Put him in a party and when you get into a battle with a monster, use his Leap command and Gau you will leave with the monsters to learn their ways. Keep battling and eventually Gau will appear after you defeat a few monsters. Don't attack him and eventually he will talk to you and rejoin. I believe he only learns the abilites of the monsters who were present when you used Leap though I have jheard he learns the abilities of the enemies you defeat when he appears again in battle.

As for Thamasa. Put Strago in your party and return to town and you will hear about an old acquaintence of his. It will eventually get you access to the island.

Also, if you have the Fake Mustache Relic for Relm. Make a party with her and Strago when you are on the Veldt and use her control ability she gain with the relic to help teach Strago more of his Blue Magic. He's actually pretty powerful once you get a majority of his Blue Mage skills.

If by Majority you mean White Wind and Grand Train.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey he has some great wind and water attacks as well.

ah I see. but there are so many empty slots in Gau's rages and theres a few monsters in the Veldt. I'll give it a try. I just finished raping Leviathan. thnx for the info, now I got all the help I needed. btw is lv 68 for my main party good enough and lv 50 for the others?

and thnx for the tips qwertysaur, I appreciate it, now i see why I'm missing so much espers

Blog Entries

Yes lvl 68 and 50 is more than enough to finish the final dungeon and defeat the final boss
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The monsters on the Veldt are most of the monsters you find in the bestiary, and will only appear if you have already defeated one in their normal spawning locations. If you missed one in the World of Balance or in the burining house where you get Sabin, then they are gone forever. A couple bosses also appear on the Veldt. (Such as the Holy Dragon)

oh crap, I didnt know every monster appears there, the only monsters i seen was the same monsters I already got. right now I just stepped into the last dungeon, its pretty easy. pretty weak compared to other final fantasy games, in ff7 you need to be at least lv 72
    7 ATE 9

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not really, I'd say 50+ for FFVII as well. Final dungeon isn't too hard if you have Ultimate Equips and the right materia.

As for VI's FD. It depends on your party set-up as well. Its not too difficult either. Sad to say, final dungeons haven't been difficult since IV but that's just mho.

I have another question. Is it always best to have Bahamut equipped since he gives you 50% hp at lv up? Is it worth equipping other espers like the ones that offer strength + 2 at lv up? That seems like a little bit
    7 ATE 9