Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 6 difficulty hard all of a sudden?

Blog Entries

Yes strength +2 and what not are very useful (+speed from cactuar is also quite handy). Incase you didnt know 50% hp means that if you normally would have gotten +100 hp at level up then you would get +150 hp instead. It does not mean if you currently have 3000hp then at level up your hp jumps to 4500 like many people seem to think.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

ooo I see. I thought having strength + 2 was useless. I wish it was at least +10
    7 ATE 9

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't worry about that... Surprisingly, stats mean a bit more in this title than some of the others. +2 anything shows a difference fairly quickly after a few levels. +10 would break the game and god knows VI is pretty easy as it is.

If you are going to play around with esper stat bonuses, I'd suggest building to your characters strength as opposed to covering their weaknesses. It keeps their uniqueness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Hey he has some great wind and water attacks as well.
    He's got a lot of good attacks, its just that with Grand Train dealing Non-Elemental, which works good on anything non-magic resistant, can't remember if FF VI even has any of those types, as well as having higher power then his other attacks, it kind of makes the majority of his abilities obsolete once you get it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aero and his water spell are more efficient when dealing with enemies since there are like a handful of monsters in the game that are immune to wind and water... Throw in its MP cost they are far more practical until you face bosses then Grand Train is your best friend.

In non-boss fights Strago basically just keeps my health up with Heal Rod and the occasional White Wind if Nescessary. I only use him offensively when fighting a Boss.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You underestimate the power of the "bearded old coot"

No, I just don't want his mightiness squandered on the weak. Such trivial tasks are beneath him.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

HE'S A "BEARDED OLD COOT" you should definitely be letting him waste his awesomeness on every enemy that comes your way. You should treat him like Sarda from 8-bit Theater

Ah, but does he have Sarda's awesome pose of magic?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No but he has the most kickass wheelchair in the world.

I finally beat final fantasy 6 . I literally raped Kefka xD
    but i feel bad that i got so much help to beat it, i dont feel like i beat it myself, that relic that lets you attack 4 times really helped and was a secret to find

thnx for the help guys I appreciate it
    7 ATE 9

I'm sorry, I can't let it go any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by mattkd
    Beating the Fanatics Tower was a pain in the ass, Literally.
    You don't mean "literally," you mean "figuratively," which happens to be the exact opposite of what you actually said. Sorry, pet peeve.

To be on topic, and somewhat less of a jerk: yeah, some of the relics feel almost like cheating, and the game isn't too hard. But the good news is, you now have a bonus dungeon, the Dragon's Den, awaiting you, and it's actually pretty hard. There will be some battles in there you won't be able to coast through, even with all your awesome toys. Glad you seem to have enjoyed the game thus far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    I'm sorry, I can't let it go any longer.

Beating the Fanatics Tower was a pain in the ass, Literally.
    You don't mean "literally," you mean "figuratively," which happens to be the exact opposite of what you actually said. Sorry, pet peeve.
    Hey you dont know where he's been putting that cartridge! Its totally possible he means literally.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

haha, its not a cartridge, its a ROM for an emulator. I still raped him, my characters did so xD. so where can I find that secret dungeon? I've been wondering if I unlocked something to
    7 ATE 9