Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 6 difficulty hard all of a sudden?

Default final fantasy 6 difficulty hard all of a sudden?

I've been playing FF6 on the gba, the whole game has been pretty easy, but now when the world is messed up, I got completely lost and everywhere I go, I fight hard bosses that wipe me down. There isn't any direction on where to go next. The last thing I did was beat the storm dragon and the ice dragon. any help plz

Blog Entries

Which characters have you found so far?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Use a guide or walkthrough to put you on your feet if you need direction. Also the best thing to do to make battles easier is level grinding, I'm afraid. Look and see where you can find your favourite characters and the best weapons on the internet, if you're stuck. There's no point in playing if you're not having fun!

yea, you're right. I need to level grind for my weak party. the next palce i think i need to go to involves breaking my party into groups but I always make a weak group and a strong one. btw I'm missing Relm, Shadow (I heard i left him so hes gone forever), and those two other guys in that pic on the far right

this game really lacks a useful map. how can anyone know where each town is at if the map doesn't say the names.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

You need to get Relm before you can get Strago. My advice is to level grind a bit, because a lot of the monsters in the WoR can whip your butt in no time flat.

I didn't really use the map, because I pretty much had all the locations memorised. I'm not sure I could do that now, and describing locations is impossible. I will try and help you to find the remaining three characters though.

Relm - Relm is found in a cave on the Veldt iirc. There are four bandits inside the cave, and she is found in the back.

Strago - Strago is located at the Tower of Fanatics, which you'll probably fly over in the airship a few times. It's the tower surrounded by rocks I believe. You must take Relm with you, and then talk to Strago.

Gogo - Find the triangle island and let Zone Eater swallow your entire party in battle. Just sit there without attacking and it should work. Then make your way through the new area to get Gogo.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I can't play final fantasy without a map either xD

Final Fantasy VI World Map - Caves of Narshe

Handy dandy!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Relm - Relm is found in a cave on the Veldt iirc. There are four bandits inside the cave, and she is found in the back.
    Actually thats just the sequence you have to go through to activate the quest to find Relm. She is actually in Jidoor, In the big house at the back of town (The one with all the paintings), You have to examine one of the paintings (I forget which) and go through a dungeon and fight a boss at the end where you'll find relm. The dungeon is quite a puzzler so I suggest a walkthrough.

Also some other side quests you might find interesting are:

Cyan's soul - Go to Doma with cyan in your party(and 3 other people) and sleep in one of the rooms. Then you'll go to a sort of dream world (A walkthrough is advised for this as well). WHen finished you get all of cyan's swrdtechs (Bushidos) and alexander esper

Ancient castle - Go to figaro castle and ask the old man to use the going underground device thing. Then when you get stuck go and explore. Go to the prison cells and exit out the back of one of the cells. There are alot of treasures in this place (Including offering which lets you do 4x Hit) so a walkthrough here would be useful too.

Duncan - On the world map there is a set of tree shaped like a + somewhere north of narshe go there with sabin and you should meet duncan who'll teach sabin bum rush
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 07-23-2009 at 02:05 AM.
    Have a nice day!!

awsome, thnx dudes. I needed this. but why is it so hard just to find your partners again, they're hidden well for ppl who never beat the game. I was disappointed when i got lost because i beat the other FF games with no prob.
    btw, i tried the game again earlier today and I accidently beat the earth dragon. i got lucky, he kept attacking and not usin his deadly quake attack. he has a small amount of HP. float would've helped in hat battle

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Duncan - On the world map there is a set of tree shaped like a + somewhere north of narshe go there with sabin and you should meet duncan who'll teach sabin bum rush
    North of South Figaro, isn't it?

Blog Entries

Ah my mkistake, north east of narshe which is north of south figaro
    Have a nice day!!

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

depending on who you leveled in the world of balance, the early parts of the world of ruin can be quite tough because you have limited party members. Also, I think the depressing nature of the world of ruin saps morale.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

You're right on the morale-sappin'. As soon as I regain control of Celes I just go ugh. But I force myself to get Sabin, Edgar and Setzer so I can party on the airship. But man, the colours are just horrible. The WoR really blows.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If by blow you mean blows my mind!

The easiest way to level in the WoR is to go to the island northwest of the Veldt that has Damacyan Castle on it. Solo a party member and cast float and vanish on them and have the Exp.egg equipped. You get insane XP and level really quickly. I used it to beef up my lv 50 party to 65 in order to do the Dragon's Den in the GBA version.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

also, do not try to level up on the Veldt.

Quote Originally Posted by !eestlinc View Post
    also, do not try to level up on the Veldt.
    Although it is a good spot for grinding all the spells you want without gaining levels; that way you can use any Magicite you want to raise any stats you want without having to think about who's learning what spell.

Or if you happen to be doing a low-level game and haven't set any other limitations for it :P