Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EoFF RPG Maker Collab

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ah, kinda like A Nightmare on Elm Street? Every time our main hero falls asleep, he'll wake up in some weird realm where he skips around meeting other people and being stalked by some crazed lunatic. and if he dies in the dream, he dies in real life.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Dream Crusade?

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be a tester

Two ideas!

One would be the story. I had an idea for a story when I first started messing around with 2k3 where the protagonist dies in the first chapter. Each following chapter is a tale of him being transported by some divine means to either the past to undo his death (of course only to return to the present to find that he was killed by some means connected to his first death, in the end determining that he was causing his own deaths) or another dimension in which he was not dead, where he would have to figure out why he was not dead in that dimension (my original idea involved the protagonist accidentally causing the death of his alternate selves in each dimension until his death in the final chapter). The mood was that of an off-the-wall anime with lots of oddities and randomosities.

The second idea is for the random encounters issue. A battle-initiation system I've upheld in almost all of my projects to date is the Vanquish system. Monsters are visible on-map and are initiated by touching them. Moving too close to them will cause them to chase you for a specific amount of tiles. Once initiated, you can choose to either "Vanquish" the monster or fight it. However, you can only Vanquish it if you have a certain amount of Vanquishes available. Generally speaking, the stronger the monster, the more Vanquishes it will cost. You obtain Vanquishes by defeating enemies - again, stronger enemies supplying you with more Vanquishes.

I'd love to do a chapter! I'm up for whichever Maker is the majority. I'm most comfortable with XP, but I could download 2k or 2k3 if it's called for.

I like the dream-sequence plot concept, but I think that, if some progression of the awakening concept wasn't addressed after the third or fourth chapter, it would start to seem really random. If the central plot of the entire project eventually turned into the protagonist trying to understand the dilemma of his/her constant re-awakenings in new worlds, it could work well. Also, if the protagonists meet in the end and join together to form one big band of protagonists, the amount of chapters should be limited. Since everyone is dong their own chapter, that's not going to happen. So the amount of protagonists near the final chapter could be overwhelming.

Just a few thoughts.
    I'm interested.
    :3

Articles
    Blog Entries

REM Saga

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I think why I'm so adamant because in XP, even if you don't know Ruby, you can do everything you want in 2K. The battles aren't the awful side-ways version of 2k3, and coding really isn't necessary anyway. The maps for XP also look much nicer, with the three layered system, and making maps isn't that terrible. Setting restrictions and things like that can take time, but could worse, and the overall animations for spells are much nicer.

Further, I can help everyone get the game no problem.

And Laddy's Name is brilliant!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by oddler View Post
    Dream Crusade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    REM Saga
    Pick one (or suggest one of your own) and we can get this show on the road.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

REM Saga sounds amazing, tbh.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't mind either. Although I gotta say, I've been playing oddler and Rase's RPGM XP games and I noticed that on big maps, they get lagged to smurf. I don't think it's my PC as I have 2GB of RAM, which for XP is more than enough grunt under the hood.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I like that you like the name I made, which I like.

I'm a broke high schooler, so I cannot BUY XP, but even if we use XP I'd be glad to help however I can, but I could have a more hands-on role with 2000.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I've been playing oddler and Rase's RPGM XP games and I noticed that on big maps, they get lagged to smurf. I don't think it's my PC as I have 2GB of RAM, which for XP is more than enough grunt under the hood.
    It may have been that the maps were too large or that I had too many events on the maps. I wasn't very efficient with my events back then! I know what you're talking about, though. A lot of people tend to have that problem with RMXP; pretty sure there's an anti-lag script out there somewhere.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

REM Saga is fine on the grounds that "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" is the theme song!

(jk, either title sounds tits, just whatever you guys think is best)

Definitely on this. I think a packaged 2k and XP set would rock, but I'm 2k all the way. Is it going to be like, one person works on their chapter and passes it to the next person or are we all gonna work on them at the same time? The former would work better, but the latter would save time and prevent the project from falling in the cracks in case there's a Lazy Larry or Procrastinating Patty somewhere along the line.
    Last edited by arcanedude34; 07-27-2009 at 03:02 AM.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Farmer Fred, Nurse Nancy, Pilot Peggy. Have you been playing Old Maid, arcanedude34?

I have a title for our game. Old Maid 2k, who's with me?