Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EoFF RPG Maker Collab

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I already said I will do writing of at least one section of the story as well as writing the parts to weave stories together. I have pieces already planned out for a section, with a rough sketch of the map it will take place in and the plot piece of the story. (If you want to be in this section send me a PM)

I'll also work on monster sprites but I need to know the orientation of the battle before I start on them. Would be useless to have a monster side sprite in the front/back oriented battle.

People who can not use PRG maker itself can contribute with concept art.

As for random battles why not remove them for the most part alltogether? Have random monster sprites walking around dungeon rooms that if the player touvhes them the battle starts. Some dungeon rooms can have random battles, with a title like "room of hidden foes" to give them an added effect.

If different people work on different sections then it is really important that you let other scenario writers know who you are using. If Rye is the queen who gets killed in one section of the game, the barmaid in another, while in a third the main character then it gets really convuluted and falls apart. Especially if the barmaid hires the main character to kill the queen.

I think the "different parties in different times" thing is brilliant, for reasons that everyone has already fully explained.

I really do want to do some form of writing, too. Put me on that list dammit

As soon as we start this, just PM me i guess, and I'll jump in and start brainstorming for the setting and characters as soon as I can.

Blog Entries

All I really need to know before starting are the following:

-What the battle characters will be/look like so I can adapt movepools and such to the charastics.

-What kind of enemies there should be (while a seriously dangerous-looking dragon or a pink chocobo could both be made equally tough and have the same stats, once again: the moves better not be the same. I have to adapt movepools for enemies as well.) Especially if there are going to be specific story-bosses, I need to know "who" and "when".

-Possibly the most important thing to know, though, is: exactly which RM version will be used. (and once again, I won't bother if it's for 2k's standard combat system).

So... once it all gets started and everyone agrees on the decision(s), just PM me about it.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I really am so game for this if it's in XP but it doesn't look like it's going to be. I've never used 2K and I don't have the editor.

Levian, you can do anything in XP if you can code Ruby!

I demand a role in this as an NPC who comes out with random flirty lines every time you talk to him. Also a cape and a pimp stick.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by oddler View Post
    I really am so game for this if it's in XP but it doesn't look like it's going to be. I've never used 2K and I don't have the editor.
    tbh they're pretty much the same. I think it comes down to whether you prefer ridiculous levels of customisation for your characters (2000) or big sprites and ruby (XP). Honestly, if you can work XP, you can work 2000 with ease.

I think me, Lev and Hsu are all stuck in our ways and will be using 2000. I thought about 2003, but seeing as how pretty much everyone at EoFF can now use 2000 thanks to my thread, I don't really want to hassle them into getting more stuff. I also tried using charas sprites in XP but the work that goes into converting them, plus the fact that they look out of place with the scenery, has turned me off to that idea.

As I said, though
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    But I mean really, if people are desperate to use XP, I say why not? We can have some people do a 2000 collaboration, and others do an XP collaboration, and release them as one big package. No harm done.
    You XP users make up your mind as to whether you want to do this or go with the 2000 crew. It'll be the same project either way. I might even do a little something for the XP one too, if I have time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shads
    (and once again, I won't bother if it's for 2k's standard combat system).
    That sucks.

qwerty, you said you would be happy coding. What RPG Maker do you want to use?

Lastly, someone come up with a name.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by oddler View Post
    Levian, you can do anything in XP if you can code Ruby!
    I asked for something specific! and I can't code Ruby.

I won't refuse to use XP, but I remember having much frustration with layers and stuff, so I can't guarantee any product if we're going with that.

Should we move this to a forum soon? an invisionfree perhaps?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I will write a section of the storyline. If that does not work, I will do the 'other stuff' or do RPG Maker 2000.

Articles

If you really want your story to be written, it's probably best if you tackle it yourself in 2000 as I think everyone else has their own stuff they'd like to do.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have some experience with XP, but I will use either as the computer that had XP on it was stepped on by my sister so it kinda doesn't work anymore.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, I think the idea of two loosely-connected games, each made with one program, sounds fun xD We could just establish some very loose premise that ties the two together ("GUY fights the ULTIMATE EVIL" and "The ULTIMATE EVIL returns, but will the new GUY be able to handle it... ?") and then have some fun.

Articles

How aobut have the GUY have a million past lives on different worlds, where he tangles with ULTIMATE EVIL (also in past lives) and possibly even FEMALE LEAD. Then all the past lives could unite and whatnot.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

In at least 1 life GUY will be GAL because the person who runs the reincarnation section of the afterlife got drunk and hit the wrong switch.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    How aobut have the GUY have a million past lives on different worlds, where he tangles with ULTIMATE EVIL (also in past lives) and possibly even FEMALE LEAD. Then all the past lives could unite and whatnot.
    That would be pretty cool

Articles

To link them, you could start each chapter with the GUY (or GAL, qwerty ) waking up in bed, having just been dreaming of the previous life. Shrugging it off as a really smurfing weird dream, he goes about his business.