Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who thinks this game is hard

Default Am I the only one who thinks this game is hard

FF12 is EXTREMELY difficult. its almost unbeatable. am I the only one with the difficulty problem? and the story is kinda lame, reminds me of star wars. lemme hear everyones opinion on this game

Blog Entries

Default First response

Yeah I think its crazy hard. I mean 1/1000 success rate of finding something? Come on. Also the time it takes to level up and finish the story. Then you got hunts, one requires you to turn off all gambits wait in one spot for 5 mins and then the monster comes out. How the heck are you suppose to know that without a guide?

On another hand it is a game that you can play for as long as you want without a guide and always do something new. It just breaks my heart that my 175 hours of playing it may be wiped out. I go to browser and try to delete a file and it fails. I tried to save a new game and it fails to make the space, I think my life is ruined. Either that or I'm going online to download others file. I had nearly 100% of the game done and now its probally ruined.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I haven't had any trouble with it so far, regular battles I hardly have to do anything at all, and boss battles and hunts are enjoyably challenging rather than actually difficult. Are you making good use of your gambits?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Much like the rest of you, I didn't really find it hard at all, apart from Elder Werm (I think that's how you spell him). He was a bitch to beat, took me a good 5 times to defeat him on my first go at the game. Other than that the hunts became very challenging as I got more into them.

I just made sure I had the best equipment possible and prepared in a way that would best suit me for a coming boss battle. I wasn't afraid to level grind, and as Rantzien said I put my gambits to good use.

Str8 Pimpin'

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I didn't think FF12 was particularly hard. Some of the optional hunts can be challenging depending on when you do them (and half the fun is doing them as early as possible), but the majority of the game itself wasn't that hard.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

I beat the game without a single game over.

That said it was easier than that awful FF10.

Also if you want a challenge in FF12 turn off the gambits and set the battle mode to active and make it really slow. The slow battle speed only slows your party down but not the enemies.
    derp

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not quite sure... I think the final bosses level and abilities varies depending on how your party is, because I know it took me a couple tries to beat him on my second playthrough where i had done a ton of crap as opposed to my first when i really didn't do a whole lot. Then again I could be remembering the whole thing wrong.

The game just throws so much at you to do... Some of the bosses are incredibly challenging, but you gotta put your strategy toward it and adapt. Really can't wait to play this game again.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Most of the time, it's just hard enough not to be boring, and the difficulty demands you make intelligent and dynamic use of the Gambit system, which is extremely fulfilling. The only time it ever got to be too much for me was Zodiark, with its near-constant invulnerability and rapid-fire random instant-death attacks; the fact that you have to retread that entire region of the Henne Mines (which could easily wipe you out itself) every time you die didn't help matters, either.

The only battle I found challenging was Yiazmat. The rest of the game is pretty easy. Perhaps you just need to adjust to the new battle system.

i didnt find this game so hard. i only got fed up with selling loot to get money so i could buy some useful stuff. i only had problems fighting hell wyrm and that took a long time so im not even going to try killing yiazmat... then i had a problem finding behemoth king and the first time i fought ahriman was pain...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Normal battles are not too bad except in places where enemies call for help or can respawn like the smurfing undead... You seriously can't win against overwhelming numbers sometimes. Beyond that, I found the Hunts and boss battles to be fairly challenging and enjoyed coming up with new strategies.

Bolivar: I kinda noticed that too. He's not very powerful but he seems to move so fast sometimes he can combo moves. I've had a few battles with him where he nearly overwhelmed my party not to mention his use of the palings can throw a monkey wrench into your plans sometimes. I have high levels and endgame equipment and he can still be a handful so I do wonder if his Gambits and stats are slightly tweaked depending on your levels or progress in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Normal battles are not too bad except in places where enemies call for help or can respawn like the smurfing undead... You seriously can't win against overwhelming numbers sometimes.
    Ugh, yeah. Like in the extended part of Barheim Passage in those two long areas where Dead Bones and Ghosts come up like literally every 5 steps. It took me 45 minutes just to past that part and I was an average of level 65. I killed most of the guys in one hit (save for Bloodwing), but there were just so many that it took me forever just to move anywhere
    derp

The game is certainly challenging..I'm actually at the end now but I have not touched that game in months... I've yet to master the gambit system though... The Hunts can be a tedious and yes I look through a guide for that! What really I find difficult is that Vaan is supposedly the lead character... Hell I find Ashe to be more of the lead role than anything..

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

I always figured that Vann wasn't really the lead character but you were seeing the game through his eyes, at least that's how I took it to be.
    derp

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As far as the main storyline part of the game goes its not the hardest FF game by any means. But once you get as far as some of the later hunt this game can be a bitch when it wants to be!